2009 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
So far so Good
By edog on 05/14/10 16:44 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Most of my drving is to and from work. Feels solid. No rattles, Tough seeing through rear window when backing up. Chrome Rimms are a waste of money and very hard to keep clean.

Great SUV
By June on 05/10/10 09:18 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Love the Escape! Has great handling and is very comfy. Needed a vehicle that didn't drag bottom when I was on rough roads. This fits the bill. Very roomy inside for a small SUV. Gets great gas mileage. Would recommend it to a friend.

Sangria Escape AWD V6 Update 2
By bjc on 04/30/10 13:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Had to take the vehicle back for transmission noise again. Hoot was back in transfer case and sounded like drive shaft was metal on metal, noise disappeared at hwy speeds. Dealer found new tech bulletin for Escape 6 speed transmission issue they applied. Vehicle is now shifting more normally and I don't notice the noises coming from the transfer case. Let's hope this is the last visit to the dealer for the same thing.

love this suv
By james warner on 04/28/10 20:02 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

owned a 1984 ford bronco ii definitly a step up still tring to figure the bells and whistles but the gas mileage is great. would recommend to a friend.

Love our Ford!
By Anthony on 04/22/10 18:19 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Vehicle has been GREAT...it's my wife's car but I love driving it as well. I don't know what Escape Edmond's was driving, but the brakes on this Escape are AWESOME. We love the SYNC package as well as the satellite radio. Fit and finish are second to none. High revving 4 cylinder gets great mileage and has good power. Ford has been doing one hell of a job. Highly recommended. We test drove a Chevy Equinox (Government Motors, I know, please forgive me)and it was a typical GM...poor fit/finish, lots of cheap plastic, etc...even with GM's rebates, we said no way.

Transmission Issues
By Lianna on 04/05/10 10:49 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Loved my 2009 Escape at first then started noticing problems that I first thought were just a fluke, but may turn out to be something more which concerns me. Every now and then I noticed it would slam into gear when switching from Drive to Reverse and vice versa. Also runs rough from time to time and right wheel rides like it's wobbling from time to time. Car stalled on me this past weekend, I could not get it started and had to have it towed. Not happy at all considering the vehicle is less than a year old and I've got 5 more years to pay on it. I hope this is not a sign of things to come. According to my sales rep, the vehicle started "right up" this morning- the jury is still out.

Sangria Ford Update AWD V6
By bjc on 03/20/10 07:37 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Went on vacation and left vehicle with Dealer for a week. Ford has Tech Bulletins on transmission/transfer case noise and vibrating accelerator peddle that the dealer was able to fix. Overall I really like the vehicle, now that the annoying problems have been repaired I can get back to enjoying the commute.

Scratched Glass
By Mike and Debbi on 02/23/10 12:13 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

2009 Ford Escape,Escape Owners 08/09 help us out! This is the second Ford Escape we have purchased. New 2001 and less than a year ago 2009.(We love the Escape) The issue is the Belt Mouldings have captured sand/fine grit and has scratched the rear passenger windows. More noticeable due to heavey tint,and now on the front drivers glass and passenger. 2001 Ford Escape never this issue.The 09 is getting worse.The Ford Dealer stocks his inventory on a Boat Yard on Quincy Bay near Boston Harbor. The service department will not help us out to fix this problem,stating it's our fault.We do not live next to a gravel pit,nor do we drive this vehicle on the Beach.Ford Reps will not acknowledge.

great !
By patti on 02/15/10 11:32 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I love my ford escape. I upgraded it by adding a billet grill and chrome door handles. People remark on it all the time. I absolutely love the sync and ambient lighting. I would recommend to anyone looking for a smaller suv. Love it, love it !

Wind Noise
By lORNE D ALEXANDER on 02/03/10 20:04 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I love my escape except for the wind noise on the highway that seems to come from the rear hatch door. It is sealed well but the gap on the exterior between the body and the door frame is very wide with no weather stripping. They must not have put this vehicle in the wind tunnel at the factory. Great vehicle except for this but it is very annoying on the highway.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Escape Suv in VA is:

$104 per month*