2009 Ford Escape Consumer Review: 2009 Escape Limited a problem

2009 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

XLS 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

2009 Escape Limited a problem
By steve_r2 on

2009 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Since taking ownership of this vehicle and 50,000 miles later this Ford Escape has over 12,000 dollars of repairs and that includes labor. Three and a half transmission and a rebuild motor within the first 40,000 miles. Overall I like the vheicle but I've lost confidence in Ford motor company. I bought this vehicle to support the american auto industry and Ford because they refused Obama hand out. I continues to have problem on a mouthly basis. Who wants a lemon?
By ralpho74
on 04/30/11 01:44 AM (PDT)

If you wrote this, I don't think you can afford this SUV. Problems of a MOUTHLY basis? Isn't it monthly? I own one and I have tortured it for 21,000 miles. NO PROBLEMS AT ALL, whatsoever. Wish your SUV was this good

By fordsucks4
on 06/11/12 10:11 AM (PDT)

Ralpho must work for Ford. :-P (Seriously, you're going to slam him for some typos?) I have the 09 Escape, too. I have had the same transmission problems since the day I bought it brand-new in 2009. It is a LEMON! Ford knows the transmission is shifting hard and says the hard shifting is "normal." They won't stand behind their product. I'm getting rid of this piece of junk as soon as I can afford to trade it in since the resale on this car is terrible. My new car will be ANYTHING BUT A FORD. And yes, Ralpho, I do wish my SUV was as good as yours apparently is. Be thankful you didn't get a lemon like the rest of us. FORD SUCKS!

By ralpho74
on 04/30/11 01:44 AM (PDT)

By nthernlgts
on 03/31/13 13:14 PM (PDT)

Ralpho, I've not "tortured" my 2009 xlt at all. But I have put 120k miles on in 3-1/2 years. I too went with ford because they didnt take the govt money. There's lots to love about the Escape, but they are far overshadowed by the overall mechanical problems. Including the tranny on mine. I'm glad you've had a good experience, but it doesn't take much research to find Alan Mulally tripping all over himself apologizing for the number of ongoing problems the Escape has had. Including the 2013's. FMC has had 92 recalls since 2009. That's simply unacceptable.