Used 2009 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

No Asian brand can touch it!
By dumpbuster

2009 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have been in the business for 40 years and just retired. Demo-less for the first time, I bought what I have come to believe (and now know) is the finest small SUV in the marketplace. The fit and finish is second to none. The comfort, ditto. Gas mileage for a powerful v-6 is excellent and if you like squeaks or rattles, buy a CR-V or a Sante Fe, not an Escape. The interior quality makes the Murano look like a Yugo. If you want the best made SUV (based on my 40 years of experience) on the market, buy an Escape. If you can live without the whistles and bells, buy the XL but stay away from the 4 cyl. The domestics still haven't gotten the hang of building a powerful, torquey 4-banger.

Fit and finish, solidity, power, smoothness, comfort.

Not a thing!

Ford moves in right direction
By sean

2009 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The 2009 Ford Escape is in my opinion one of the best cars Ford has ever produced and represents part of their new commitment to reliability and excellence. The 09 Escape is comfortable, utilitarian and a pleasure to drive. I test drove almost every small to middle SUV on the market. I found myself comparing everything to the Escape. I was quite surprised by this as I come from a family that almost always buys foreign autos. IN all of my test drives the Escape bested every other vehicle in terms of comfort, pragmatism and function. I believe that the 09 is also a vast improvement over the 08. If you are in the market for a SUV I highly recommend this car. Ford earned my business!

Safety, car like dynamics, design, standard Stability and Traction Control

The 4 cylinder engine could use a bit more power when passing other cars. Overall small gripes about the car.

Great purchase
By Todd

2009 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

All I can say is that the price is right, the look is right, the ride is right and the fuel efficiency is right for this SUV. I also got the entertainment package and moon and tune package along with the standard upgrades on the limited version. Just a great SUV and I highly recommend this to anyone. Not sure why the Editor's have an average rating of 6.9 but the consumers have a 9.1 rating...in this case believe the consumers!

See above.

none

Missed it by that much...
By Mr. Coke

2009 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

As all new car buyer's, I was looking for safety, quality, manufacture reputation, and price. My wife and I have found almost all of that in our 2009 Escape XLT. It is a good vehicle, very economical, and meets all of our needs, but I wish that it caused a little more excitement. It is just a plain, simple, vehicle. The exterior styling is fine; but the interior reminds me of fish scales, and everything is made from plastic. We chose to upgrade to the leather package, but still feels like you are sitting inside of a children’s toy. We like Fords, and will continue to buy their vehicles in the future, but just feel like Ford slightly, missed the mark with this vehicle.

Microsoft SYNC System - Voice command stereo system.

Re-designed interior, and bring a little more excitement to the driving experience.

2nd Escape in less than 2 years!
By Rickw

2009 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought our second Escape in less than 2 years (used cash for clunkers trade in). I keep looking at other SUV's, but always return to the Escape; too much value for the money over the others. Handles deep snow and steep hills with out a problem. Go escape!!!

Love the bluetooth and V6 power. 4WD is wonderful!

Grip assist handels on all entry doors. Sun visor extension.