Used 2009 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

2009 Ford Escape

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Most Helpful|
great !
By patti

2009 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I love my ford escape. I upgraded it by adding a billet grill and chrome door handles. People remark on it all the time. I absolutely love the sync and ambient lighting. I would recommend to anyone looking for a smaller suv. Love it, love it !

Favorite Features

Sync and ambient lighting

Looks Great and Very Reliable!
By russter

2009 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My 09 Escape has far exceeded what I expected. Unlike the review, this is a very reliable SUV, no problems at all through 50K+ miles, good pickup when I need it, average 22 to 23 MPG, (actually tracked via receipts) despite pulling a trailer quite often. Had a front and rear end wreck, not my fault, the car behind was totalled, the truck in front was damaged, my Escape got new bumpers and lights and some body work! It's quiet inside, unlike my just traded in Honda Pilot. Engine has a perfect sound when you floor it otherwise, it has a understated gentle purr that I like. The 2nd. row is much easier to fold down than Edmunds would have you believe, and, it's made in K.C., MO, USA!

Favorite Features

Looks, reliability, solid construction, American made, best red color in the industry, Sync, MPG, low purchase price, towing package

Suggested Improvements

Easier to use SYNC.

2009 Sangri Ford Escape AWD V6 update
By bjc

2009 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

After 11,000 miles have had to take the vehicle back to the dealer because they fouled up the brakes. Took it in for an oil change and mentioned funny noise when decelerating and ended up going back 5 times because the brakes weren't right. Now I am returning 10-12-2010 because of an oil leak on the drivers side of vehicle. Dealer says oil filter on passenger side so not sure what is leaking, sure hope not transmission. I am 2nd guessing myself now for buying a Ford and wonder how many more times I will be in the service department with it.

Favorite Features

Sync, V6 engine

Suggested Improvements

Build quality and mechanical components, get rid of plastics in vehicle.

A good fit for me
By michiganphil

2009 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned two 2009 4 cyl FWD Limited Escapes, traded one at 41K miles, last month, and still own another with 43K miles. The only issues I have had with the vehicles is with the Fan motor, in which a resister went bad. Otherwise, I have had no issues with either vehicle. The vehicles offered me the features I wanted, with few I did not want. The acceleration, handling, braking were good enough for me. I was impressed with the gas mileages, I topped 32 MPG, door to door, with both vehicles on long trips, a number of times.

Favorite Features

The gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

The Drum brakes in the rear are a concern to me, though I have not noticed any issues with normal braking. I would have paid the extra for disc brakes, given the choice.

Excellent
By pete162

2009 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Had since new, very reliable , cheap to maintain, fuel sipper with plenty of power with the I4 2.5 liter engine. Always hand washed and waxed,it looks almost as good as the day we drove it off the lot.

Favorite Features

Sync, Sirius, Polished Chrome 17" wheels