Used 2009 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews - 137 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

2009 Ford Escape

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Good solid suv
By Tony

2009 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The Ford Escape I own is fun to drive. I drive both city and highway and avg. 23.08 MPG. I found this SUV to have all the room I need. I can seat 5 people with comfort. Great sound system, good air, sun roof is easy to operate as well as all other systems and controls.

Sun roof.

The only item I would replace is the speedometer. The graduations are difficult to read. The numbers are 10,20,30,40,50,Etc. While on roadways with a 45, 55, or 65 mph limit it's difficult to see. the numbers could be bigger and have 5 mph settings.

Great SUV
By DQuinones

2009 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am telling Ford did a wonderful job with this one. Its a great Suv from top to bottom. Handles very well, comfortable and fun to drive. I was always skeptical buying a Ford. This is my first Ford and I am so glad it was this one. I test drove a lot of suv's in this class and nothing compared. Looking for a suv that handles like a car, looks good and extremelly comfortable than this is the one. Highly recommended!

Sync,Great legroom and cargo space

Heated side-view mirrors.

So Disappointed!!
By Oroville2

2009 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Loved my last 2 explorers, wanted better economy and all the tech stuff the Escape offered. It is back in the shop for the second time in one week for a problem with the transmission disengaging while driving on the freeway. Pulled over and would not go over 10 mph. Very scary!! Said it needed computer update, but did it again 6 days later.Not sure about Ford quality anymore.

SYNC, good visibility, no blind spot, the way the back seats fold down and the Gas mileage

Make sure ALL computer updates are ran before cars are sold. better lumbar support.

Dont't buy it
By RHShaffer

2009 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first and last ford. I wanted to buy an American made car and unfortunately I made a huge mistake. I travel for my work and need a reliable comfortable, roomy and efficient vehicle. I bought my 2009 ford escape in July and now its October and the vehicle has 14,500 miles on it and is broke down 400 miles away from where I live. I live in Birmingham and my transmission went out in Natchez MS and the car is still there. Not only is the vehicle not reliable but ford fought with me on honoring the warranty on the faulty car they sold me! I am disgusted with the way they've handled my situation and will NEVER buy another ford. I would NOT RECOMMEND anyone to buy an Escape or a ford

Honor your warranty

we like it!
By Biffle Fan

2009 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the Escape as a daily driver. The AWD was a must for the winters here. Very practical for my wife and I and our 5yr old daughter. Seats are comfortable. The revised V6 is great. Runs strong. Gas mileage hovers in the 23.5 range with 70%/30% mix of rural 2 lane highway/city driving every week. Very nimble to drive. Was plenty comfoirtable for us on a 600 mile trip to the beach.

V6 engine, SYNC, cargo area roomy for size of vehicle. Somewhat truck-like styling is way cooler than competitors which look like small station wagons on steroids!

Stretch the wheelbase some for more back seat room. Revise back seats so head rest doesn't have to be removed to fold seats. Some softer touch plastic on interior door panels.