Great Little SUV - BUT slippery when wet
By descape1 on
2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
I've only owned my Escape for 11 months, and I love almost everything about it. It has plenty or room, all seats are comfortable and it's fun to drive and easy to park. I have not had a single issue with it, except I think it might need a battery soon, but that's to be expected with any car that has 72,000 miles and temps around zero here in the Midwest. My only complaint is I didn't get the 4wd. Even with new tires, the front wheels spin at every start when it's raining or snowing. I'm getting used to the traction control light blinking at me (indicating the wheels have lost traction), but still very annoying. Maybe I have a lead foot for the amount of torque in the V6.
Favorite Features
The double hatch where the glass opens independently of the full hatch. Ride height and visibility are great. Style looks MUCH better than the new ones. Also, it tows my 10' pop-up camper with ease and without sagging. Look for models with the sunroof- love it!
Suggested Improvements
Because there's a new model (body style and engines) suggested improvements wouldn't matter, but... for readers: I suggest they look at 4wd models if they live in a snowy climate.