Okay, Rather have something else
By chewetson825 on
2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
Bought the car new in 2008 and has been a love-hate experience. The car is absolutely AWFUL on the highway, but fantastic in the snow. If we had to buy another small SUV again, i would probably go for the Honda CRV instead.
Favorite Features
The interior on this car is very nice. There are a lot of buttons on the dashboard that light up with a soft blue color when you turn the lights on. This car is also amazing in the snow. Living in West Virginia, we get quite a bit of snow on our hilly country roads, but this car has never got stuck once. It really is very good in the winter.
Suggested Improvements
The cruise control in the car has a mind of its own. Set the speed at 70 on a flat piece of road and you'll be doing 55 up a hill and 85 down one. If you try to speed up or slow down, you hold the button down for what seems like an eternity before anything happens. The fuel consumption is very bad too. Sure, we got the 3.0 v6, but it is so underpowered i don't think we could live with the 4 cylinder. Worst of all though, is the transmission. From day one, it clunks HORRIBLY if you go down a hill and it shifts down. Because of these things the only time i ever drive this car anymore is if it's snowing.
By marie08
on 02/25/13 15:07 PM (PST)

I love my truck! I love my truck! this is what I say to anyone who asks me. I had my eye on a Ford Escape for at least three years before I bought it. Trying to be responsible and ecologically minded, I bought a Toyota , having heard a great deal of good about it. I hated it and within a year, trade it in for a 2008 Ford Escape V6. Greatest move I ever made. Yes the seats get dirty quickly, especially with dog paws and hair but easily remedied with regular cleaning and vacuuming. A stain protection spay might also work... will try this this spring. Gas miliage is not as good as I would hope but no worst then the last two vehicle that I've owned. But then, I do a lot of city driving. My only expense since buying it a year ago was normal maintenance (60,000km check) which cost me less than $100. I love how it drives, cruises great at 110 km., that I can tow a small camper, that I can use it for camping and moving furniture, handles well in the snow (even without snow tires). My first Ford and the best vehicle I have ever owned. Unfortunately, I don't like the looks of more recent models.