Not a winter SUV!!
By Forever Ford Fan on
2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
I owned an Explorer before,and wanted to down size. Big mistake!This Escape is worthless in the snow. Living in IA we can expect anything from Mother Nature. I did not purchase the 4x4 trying to save some money,but you NEED it for winter driving. When you come to a stop you can barely get the thing going,it has NO traction!I will be trading this thing in this summer for an Explorer,it will NOT be in my garage next winter. Also the carmel interior was a wrong choice.It picks up every stain you can think of.The material is cheap and when you try to clean it yourself you end up with a bigger stain when it dries!Folding of the rear seats require you to remove the head rest not practical. Avg MPG 18
Favorite Features
Heater,warms up fast.Sound system and overall exterior,very sporty. Chrome wheels a must(even though they are plastic)
Suggested Improvements
Better MPG and better quality material for the seats,something soft would be nice.Folding of the rear seats needs to be less of a joke! You shouldn't have to remove the head rest to get the seat to lay flat.Major inconvenience.