Great Ride!
By Chicago on
2008 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
My first SUV and I love it! It's roomy, smooth and quiet ride, nice display, great sound system, everything that I wanted plus more at a great price. Size looks bigger than it really is. I was eyeing the CR-V for 9 months and then looked at the RAV4 - couldn't push myself into purchasing one. I think the 2008 Escape beats them both! The Escape was equipped with everything I wanted - many were standard. CR-V would need to add so many options which should be standard. I'm happy I held off. I rode in a 2007 Escape as a loaner and there is a huge difference in ride, noise, comfort, steering, display, and many other features. I just hit 1300 miles and and up to 19.2 mpg.
Favorite Features
AWD, height, size, room, handling, bump absorption, sound system, overall drive.
Suggested Improvements
Handles to assist short people when entering/exiting the vehicle. Increase from a 4 to 5 or 6 speed. Increase hp and mileage. Make 17" tires standard, eliminate rear drum brakes. Also, the brochure doesn't list brake assist or brake force distribution - SUV should be equipped with this.