2008 Ford Escape Consumer Review: Great Ride!

2008 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (3.0L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic)

Great Ride!
By Chicago on

2008 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My first SUV and I love it! It's roomy, smooth and quiet ride, nice display, great sound system, everything that I wanted plus more at a great price. Size looks bigger than it really is. I was eyeing the CR-V for 9 months and then looked at the RAV4 - couldn't push myself into purchasing one. I think the 2008 Escape beats them both! The Escape was equipped with everything I wanted - many were standard. CR-V would need to add so many options which should be standard. I'm happy I held off. I rode in a 2007 Escape as a loaner and there is a huge difference in ride, noise, comfort, steering, display, and many other features. I just hit 1300 miles and and up to 19.2 mpg.

AWD, height, size, room, handling, bump absorption, sound system, overall drive.

Handles to assist short people when entering/exiting the vehicle. Increase from a 4 to 5 or 6 speed. Increase hp and mileage. Make 17" tires standard, eliminate rear drum brakes. Also, the brochure doesn't list brake assist or brake force distribution - SUV should be equipped with this.