Ford XLT
By csylv on
2008 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
I bought my 2008 Escape used a year ago. Yes it had the faulty transmission pump already replaced. It is definitely not the most comfortable ride on the highway. My butt usually goes numb, but in-city driving is easy. The seat is powered on the driver's side helping me gain some more height (I'm only 5'6 making seeing over the steering wheel difficult in large vehicles). The controls are easy to figure out and are large enough that my monkey fingers can get control. This version does lack the Ford Sync of the newer vehicles but still has an audio jack. In town handling is easy but at higher speeds it is a bit of a challenge but has the stability control to help you out.
Favorite Features
My favorite aspects are the power driver seat, sun roof, CD player and audio jack, plenty of space in the back to carry large items. I also like the in-town handling. It is still easy for me to maneuver around other vehicles and stop and go easily. I'm not too worried about the back seat because most of the time I am by myself.
Suggested Improvements
Improved long distance traveling comfort. The seats are hard and do cause a bit of a problem. The road noise inside is really loud on long drives as well. I would like to see more air vents to cool/ heat the vehicle since there are only 4 in the front of my Escape. I would also like to see the parking brake moved up since I have a difficult time reaching it. Reconfiguring the back seat not to have the 3 head rests. I no longer have the center one which is okay because I would not be able to see behind me.