2008 Ford Escape Consumer Review: Dangerous

2008 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

By roslynr on

2008 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

On May 24, 2013 while driving in the middle of a memorial day weekend rush hour traffic the lights came on in the dashboard and the suv, was not accelerating and just shut down , while trying to coast to the side of expressway this was impossible, I had to restart the truck. Once the suv restarted a short distance later it shut down again forcing me off the expressway. Once I made it home I called the dealership who told me to contact ford and file a complaint. My truck is a 2008 ford escape. After this email I will contact the BBB , this is dangerous to myself and others in traffic. This is a law suite waiting to happen.

Great on gas

This is not the first time this has happen with these trucks. My son owens one and his did the same thing come find out his gas line came loose. Also by the reviews I read on line this has happen a number of times . Therefore time to contact news or whoever cares about this problem or consumers.