97K miles, 2nd Escape & it's a great car
By christofferson on
2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
2008 is my 2nd Escape, previous 2003 that transmission went out at 119K. This one I have 97K miles on it today, and have had no major failures or problems. I like it and it was an excellent buy and value. Mileage is good for a 4X4 and it has handled very well in water, mud and sand (Rocky Point, MX--not 4-wheeling, just the circumstances--rare). I am buying a 2012 right now. I don't like 2013 body style 3.0-V6 This Escape & all small SUVs, have lot of road noise. Seats get tiring when you driving long. That's the nature of what you get and what you pay. Buy good Michelin tires. People complain about seats staining--very easy--use carpet cleaner or expecially Oxyclean---works!
Favorite Features
Power, look, reliability, safety features--that stability control is excellent. Fold down flat back seats. If you use 4x4, it's very good. Rides decently high for a mini-SUV and has excellent visibility out of windows--no blind spots--big windows. Tinting keeps it private what's in back. Like rear wiper when it rains or gets mud or dust. Excellent cargo space. Good room for 5 people and luggage. I drive this car 25K a year and I drive it all over--it's been great.
Suggested Improvements
Road noise. Hate that CD player--it sticks allt he time, always has--cheap. Brakes need replaced too often. Why the heck do those seats seem to stain? I figured it out early thanks to a hotel manager tip on a matress--but most people seem not to have done so. If you have a car cleaned professionally, same deal--even water drops look like stains (but it comes righ tup. Tinny horn. I sure hope the transmission doesn't fail in mine--it's going to a family member. My 2003 failed too soon and had wiring harness and alternator replaced before 100K--I hope this 2012 holds up and doesn't fall apart like these posts say it wil. Mine has been excellent so far.