Used 2008 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Escape

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

disgusted with 2008 escape
By fedupwithit

2008 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my 2008 Escape in June 2007, really loved the vehicle with no complaints until this year. At 84,000 miles the headliner is falling down in front and on side in cargo area, the bearings went out, the tire pressure sensor kept coming on for 2 months, the seats stain easily after turning over a vase of roses in just water and the stain wont come out. I have owned 8 new Fords with no complaints but I have become completely disgusted with this 2008 Escape and I wouldnt recommend it to anyone...it has made me consider buying a foreign vehicle for the first time in my life as my co-workers love their Hyundai Suvs

Favorite Features

the color

No [non-permissible content removed] for me..love my Ford
By studenut

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this little red Escape off the showroom floor. Apparently driven by a salesman for 5K miles. I was a died in the wool Ford-hater till my husband bought this one for me with the promise that if in 1 year I'd be able to get whatever I wanted. I traded in a Mercedes 430 SEL (something like that)...Talk about JUNK? I could write a book about that Lemon! Electrical wiring, throttle problems, cocked moonroof, windows that failed to go down,early brake failure,on and on. I knew the service manager by his first name. No...I am thrilled with this one. They couldn't get me to trade for any Japanese or German SUV after I've owned this one.

Favorite Features

Spirited performance V6 Great handling FWD great in snow Good sound system Unbelievable gas economy on highway (28mpg) Nice styling Room for shopping stuff Good price.

Suggested Improvements

Seat material is not good...stains too easily Moonroof should have air-dam for wind noise Long time for heater to warm up in Winter

First AND Last Ford
By onthehwy

2008 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This was my first in last Ford. In the three years that I have had this SUV, the air vent fell off, the front window squeaks when let down (it was supposedly fixed), had 3 new batteries, a transmission cooler, and now my transmission has gone bad. I'm sorry but all this should NOT happen within 3 years of owning a new car. I'm going back to Toyota!

Favorite Features

the interior design

Suggested Improvements

Fix all transmission problems.

The Biggest Nightmare I Have Ever Faced
By ken1053

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This car was a really nice car to drive around, especially having a workplace full of BMWs and Audis. I liked the comfort of the cloth seats and the interior design. One thing I absolutely hated is the reliability. My car is only 2 years old (I bought it in 10/08) and it is the most unreliable thing I ever faced. The car shifts very roughly into gear and the car lurches itself forward. I'm not sure if it's something to do with the gas or with the transmission coolant recall... I absolutely hate that car now. It can't keep the value and if you did get into an accident with this car (airbags deployed) you will not like the fact that it is 10x more of a bumpier ride. I regret getting this car..

Favorite Features

Interior design, fun to drive, exterior design, comfort of seats, cargo space

Suggested Improvements

Reliability *which is one of the worst now*, build quality *in which they should make the car sustain a 25 MPH impact (airbags deployed) (*examples are: smooth ride, less noisier engine*), transmission, price needs to be modified (I could get a Hyundai Tuscon for $4,000 less than what I paid for my Escape), less expensive parts on the car

My dream suv turned nightmare
By marlanea

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle ran great until just over 60 k miles, only work needed done was bad transmission cooler (recall) but the transmission in this vehicle number cd4e which is in several ford makes and models is absolute garbage, cheap, poor engineering design and totally unreliable according to many transmission specialists. The shops are full of ford escapes with bad transmissions! they barely make it through warrenty. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY on FORD! I have bought this almost brand new, have had it one year and ten months and the transmision is garbage. You are worthless to them after 60k, sorry charlie, too bad, cant help you, Sucker! I even took it in while in warrenty 58k and complained. tough.

Favorite Features

looks, ride .

Suggested Improvements

Terrible seats, cloth is cheap eco garbage, you will hate. How about building a real SUV? Something that truly is dependable and not junk? How about 100k warenty? Better customer service? After reading good reviews for almost 2 years, I got suckered and regret it terribly. Do not buy a ford