2008 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Good for a Company Vehicle
By Argonaught on 01/15/10 04:48 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was given an Escape as a company vehicle, this way the maintenance problems do not affect my wallet directly. I would never contemplate buying a vehicle like this for myself. See the Pro's/Contra's below. During the first 30K the following had gone wrong: - Some electrical problem that they wouldn't disclose to me ... it manifested itself in battery discharging unexpectedly - One of the struts, supporting the tailgate, broke in half - The brake disks had to be re-machined - Another funny electrical problem (interior lights wouldn't go off automatically) - 12V outlet fell out of the console!

Very Unhappy!!
By kiana1 on 01/11/10 16:35 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this vehicle and loved it until all the trouble lights started coming on after you started it and lost all power including steering,odo,etc.4x now it has been in shop ranging from battery to computer. Most unhappy, never be buying Ford again!

So far, I'm pleased
By mariposa7684 on 01/07/10 06:37 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2008 xlt used with 11k miles. After almost a year of ownership, I'm happy with the overall performance. Nice and roomy with good visibility. Handling is smooth. Could perform better in snow--don't think the OEM continentals are so great. Had several warranty issues (leaking transmission fluid, defective CD player, stained seats) and they were all taken care of efficiently by the local ford dealership.

Never had a problem
By Lovetoescape on 12/24/09 09:18 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Most of my driving is around a small town or long road trips. In either situation I have been pleased. The back seat is comfortable for passengers. The vehicle drives very nicely. I purchased my Escape as a brand new vehicle. I have 20,0000 miles and everything is like new. This vehicle performs beyond my expectations.

"satisfied customer"
By Troy Jordan on 12/23/09 18:09 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I received this car cas my first vehicle. I was so excited to be receiving soothing this nice for my first car. My parents said they wanted me to have something safe and reliable. So far this suv has been great true to my parents word. I bought it with 99,000 mile and i was nervous because all of the reviews said it went down hill after 70 or so. It was a rental car before me which means must have been under proper care ( regular oil changes and inspections ect..) so that easied my nerves a little. I have had it for about two years now. It is now at 140000 miles. I still have not had one single issue. I do take care of it though with oil changes and inspections. So over all im very happy.

Tails its Class
By The Job Pays on 12/22/09 09:52 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this as my second Ford in 2007. Overall it leaves me with mixed reactions, the good: fuel economy in the low 20s (good for AWD), truck like front end, reasonably comfortable front seats. The bad: noisy engine, poor acceleration and passing power (better than what I expected from an I- 4, though), choppy 4 speed, electric power steering, and low grade, Saturn- like interior... lots of cheap plastic, horrible seat fabric thats's worn out after two years, disappointing fit and finish (especially the door panels), and goofy cell-phone button HVAC controls that are hard to use while driving. Bottom line...I'll easily buy another Ford but no more Ford SUVs!!! Next time I'll get an F-150.

FALLING APART
By FALLING APART on 12/13/09 17:33 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car with 14000 miles on it. It had been a dealer demo. Great fun car to drive, cruises right along but.... now at 29000 miles the power steering pump is going out, the upholstery looks like kids have been in having a picnic ( I have no children) in the car, paint on the rear bumper is spidering, and there are ignition problems, I was told the tumblers were bad. Fading dome light works intermittently, won't come out of park, ignition won't accept the key almost leaving you stranded. Rubber seals on the doors fall off in the winter. Now the back window on the hatch has decided to open a random. The back seat won't stay latched so you can't have rear seat passengers safely. yuk

You'll all be very very sorry!!!!
By marypal on 12/12/09 21:28 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

If you have the Continental tires, you will be replacing them soon, and probably have to have the leaky transmission repaired and God help you if you have the cloth interior, good luck trying to clean it, and whatever you do, don't let any rain or snow or water of any kind touch those seats, you won't ever get them to look nice again!!! Good luck with this sorry excuse for a vehicle, we are done with Ford!!!!

Last Ford for me
By imperialquartz on 10/30/09 21:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Not my first Ford lemon, but will be the last. Lots of ongoing problems, transmission cooler replacement, creaky steering has the dealers perplexed. Rattle in front end at low speeds, rear window rattles,one front seat heat works only when it feels like it. Seals between front & rear doors falling off top & bottom. Front seat cushions are too short. This is just a new body on the old drive should not have this many troubles. Not all negative, not a bad commuter, fuel economy is OK, 25 MPG (imperial gallon) AWD system works very well in the snow. Adequate cargo space. My wife just purchased an 09 Hyundai Santa Fe, it totally puts the Escape to shame as far as fit & finish.

Ford can't get my parts for 3 months!
By Steve_Hirst on 10/29/09 10:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

2008 Ford Escape On 10/5/09 I took my leased Ford Escape to the dealership for repair. The truck would not shift and I was told that the catalytic converter is the culprit. On 10/22/09, after a delay of seventeen (17) days, I was told that the parts needed to fix my truck will not be available from Ford until the end of 2009 at the earliest. I have spoken to Ford India. I keep playing phone tag with the Ford Philadelphia Area Rep...no parts!!! I can't speak to anyone else and they expect you to pay Ford Credit for your loaded Escape while you live in a rental car not worth half the payment FOR 3 MONTHS MINIMUM. I am very dissatisfied and personally crushed that Ford has treated a very

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.