2008 Ford Escape Consumer Review: 2008 FORD ESCAPE TRANSMISSION

2008 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

XLT 4dr SUV (2.3L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

2008 FORD ESCAPE TRANSMISSION LEAK
By mjk13 on

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Ford has changed and the corporation is focused on $$$$$ and NOT the consumer. Read reviews on the internet- they are EVERYWHERE. I just got screwed by Ford on a recall that they will no longer honor. Called Customer Service and they said to will cost $800.00! READ before you buy. I never would have said this before today, but I'm now looking at a Toyota or Nissan. It's too bad Ford has gone the way and we are forced to buy non-American products. FORD you should be ashamed of what you have turned into.

I have owned a Ford for the last 12 years. I purchased a new 1999 F150 4X4, a new 2006 F150 Supercab and the 2008 Escape. I have recenly learned that Ford no longer is honorable and will not stand by their vehicles. Read Ford reviews first. I have ALWAYS bought American vehicles before and I hope to find a nice Chevy. I called my Father in Law and discussed it with him. He worked for Ford for alomost 40years. He replyed that, thats not how Ford used to be. Please do your research. Ford Customer Service is no longer geared to assist the consumer. It's all about the $$$$ to them. Read before you buy. Be careful dealing with Ford.

WARNING ****DO NOT BUY A FORD!!!***** They will not stand behind their product. They hide "recalls" inside what they refer to as "Customer Satisfaction Programs". They admitted that the part installed (transmision fluid cooler) was defective. Program 09B10 was deployed but if you miss it, for what ever reason, you lose- even though they admit the part is defective. To have it fixed-$800.00. I called all the way up to Ford Corp. 1-800-392-3673 and they also admitted that it doesn't seem fair but the Customer Satidfaction Program for that part is over. Non-American, Warning ***DO NOT BUY A FORD!! Please search the internet to verify the information!