2008 Escape
By gcedmondson on
2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
Dealership was great to deal with. I loved driving this vehicle through the winter. It went through the snow wonderfully. I never had to wonder if I would be able to get round. I would recommend if you own an 2008 to be sure to do the recent March 2010 recall for the Transmission fluid cooler. I took mine in to be fix only to find out that I was miles away from ruining my Escape.
Favorite Features
The SUV just has an ease of use. Meaning that getting in and out. Using the back door and utilities are easy.
Suggested Improvements
I would like to have a pop button for the whole rear door not just the window part. More stain resistant cloth for the seats and interior would be a great improvement. A quieter cab, there is quite a bit of road noise.
By simonvee
on 08/22/11 21:14 PM (PDT)

I am considering a Ford Escape and there are numberous accounts about it's transmission problem. Firstly, 1. How much does it cost to fix the transmission? 2. Can I buy the car to take it to a mechanic to build some sort of reinforcement/supportive mechanism on the transmission to prevent such problems from occuring in the future?