2008 Ford Escape Consumer Review: 2008 Escape

2008 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

2008 Escape
By gcedmondson on

2008 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Dealership was great to deal with. I loved driving this vehicle through the winter. It went through the snow wonderfully. I never had to wonder if I would be able to get round. I would recommend if you own an 2008 to be sure to do the recent March 2010 recall for the Transmission fluid cooler. I took mine in to be fix only to find out that I was miles away from ruining my Escape.

The SUV just has an ease of use. Meaning that getting in and out. Using the back door and utilities are easy.

I would like to have a pop button for the whole rear door not just the window part. More stain resistant cloth for the seats and interior would be a great improvement. A quieter cab, there is quite a bit of road noise.
By simonvee
on 08/22/11 21:14 PM (PDT)

I am considering a Ford Escape and there are numberous accounts about it's transmission problem. Firstly, 1. How much does it cost to fix the transmission? 2. Can I buy the car to take it to a mechanic to build some sort of reinforcement/supportive mechanism on the transmission to prevent such problems from occuring in the future?