Used 2008 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews - 217 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Escape

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Scaring me
By Jim

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Escape in June of 2008. I drove to Daytona Beach, Florida from Mechanicsville, Virginia and was ecstatic. Drove beautifully and the radio (Sirius) was great until they (Sirius) changed the channel lineup. However, I have had the vehicle in the shop 3 or 4 times for a rattle in the back of the car. The dealer cannot find the problem and keeps giving it back to me and it keeps rattling. Other than that I am pleased with it. Does any body else have any rattles they cannot get rid of?

The dual access lift gate. Open entire hatch or just the glass

Getting the dealership to replace the tailgate latch

the lemon
By jackie K.

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 08 Escape new. I loved my escape from the time I test drove it. With 7,500 miles on my car, it broke down on a 4 lane hwy in Taos, NM. the transmission was shot. We had trouble recovering any compensation for our vacation or the cost incurrred for hauling the lemon back to AR. We continue to have problems with the transmission and are in the process of purchasing a new vehicle and selling my once loved Escape.

interior, cup holders, ease of driving

different transmission that works and stand behind your product

First and LAST Ford
By forddriver

2008 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Escape for just over 2 years now. I purchased it new. I have had to have it towed 3 times in two years. Bad sensors, bad transmission cooler, and possibly the transmission now. I have loved the look and comfort of this vehicle, but absolutely cannot depend on it. I don't have any issues with my dealership, they have always worked with me. But, I am truly dissatisfied with the vehicle, as I put many miles on it, and need to have reliability that it will get me from point A to point B. Will not buy a Ford again.

Interior appearance, seat comfort and height. Very roomy interior for being a smaller SUV. Great sound system & gas mileage.

Make the vehicle more reliable. The three times I've had to tow the vehicle have been big, costly repairs, that I wouldn't expect on my vehicle prior to 90,000 miles.

i love my new SUV
By r3b3cki

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought my escape and i totally love it, from the inside out, i like thats its a suv so i can sit up higer and see traffic better as apposed to being in a car being short and all its kinda nice i can also get in and out easily with out having to do the ole heave ho action getting into my suv, it rides smooth over speed bumps and on the road. i love that it gets good gas mialage for a suv. plus its easy to drive i dont feel like im driving a boat it feels like im driving a car but im up a lil higher i highly recomend this suv to anyone!

sun roof!! gas mileage!! heck everything!!

A Few Disappointments
By Abbygirl

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I researched this vehicle thoroughly, and was so happy when I finally purchased it. About a week after purchase, a white residue began showing up on the cloth seats when exposed to moisture (I made my purchase in December, in the mountains where snow is abundant). The transmission cooler went out about a mother after purchase. About a month after that, the exterior paint began chipping on the window moldings. All of the exterior moldings needed to be replaced.

Comfortable on long rides. Fun to drive around town. The 4x4 is great.

Different seat material. Non-defective paint. Transmission.