2008 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Escape to more!
By Escape to adventure! on 03/18/08 16:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I recently traded in my 2005 Ford Escape for a 2008 Ford Escape. I went over that vehicle with a fine tooth comb. Then I did it again. I drove the Vue Red Line, Cx7, CRV, Element and an X3. The Ford won hands down! This vehicle was made for me. I got the Satellite Radio, Monnroof, Convenience Package, Sport Wheels and too many other options to list. I have had complete strangers come up to me and ask to take a look because they havent seen one and want to take a peek. Its amazing! I have had it for 3 weeks and already have 1600 miles on it. It's just FUN to drive! Ford has done an amazing job on this redesign! This is my 4th Ford. I wont even look at a Chevy!

Liking it so far.
By Kel on 03/09/08 20:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Recently purchased this little SUV, a replacement for my 05 Taurus. Great little truck, love the driving position and pep from the V6. Not quite as refined as my wife's CR-V EX-L. Decent gas mileage, not much different than the Taurus.

You gotta love it !
By Burghguy on 03/09/08 05:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2008 Escape XLT 3 weeks ago and am impressed. I traded in my 2006 Fusion and could not be happier. The ride is like a sedan, fit and finish is great, and the new look exterior says class. The satellite radio is way too much fun. The interior could use more padding, but looks good. I have averaged 24 MPG for city driving and this alone is impressive. I can't wait everyday to hop in and drive. I have owned 20 cars in my life, 16 new cars, and this Escape ranks at the top. Thanks Ford!

What a great vehicle!
By JENMAC on 03/06/08 14:36 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I turned in my 5 sp manual 98 Explorer Sport for the new 5 sp manual 08 Escape and I love it. The ride is comfy, the gas mileage is great (22-28 mpg) and best of all I can plug in my iPod. It is a fun and safe car to drive with plenty of room for my friends. It is a great car for road trips and vacations.

Great SUV
By Angels Mom on 02/24/08 05:46 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Escape for just over 3 weeks now. I missed my 2002 Pathfinder at first but after the last snow storm the Escape won me over for good! Handled much better than my old SUV and has a lot more safety features that I wanted in a truck. Got the top line model, love all bells and whistles. I have to say I love the satellite radio, who knew it could be so much fun! Some issues I do have; heated seats turn off after 10 minutes and there is no temp control, 4 speed trans doesn't cut it, gas mileage is not that great- getting 19 mpg on the hwy so far, heavy rain-water gets in the door and spills out the bottom once door is open- dealership says that normal but I have my doubts.

Diggin' the Escape
By Musicachic on 02/18/08 20:06 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Wanted to move into the SUV market from driving a Chevy Malibu. Drove the Mariner, CR-V, RAV 4, & others. The Mariner seemed to cost more just for the Mercury label. The CR-V had a tight suspension and hit every bump hard. The RAV-4 had a cramped ride for everyone. After driving the Escape,I was comparing all the other vehicles to it. So Escape was my choice. 4WD wheel drive was a must for me with MI winters. The combination of that with the stability control, and traction control make me feel safe and more in control of my own destiny. I am paying the same per fill up as I did with the Malibu, but instead of going once every two weeks, I am going once a week. So it doubled.

My Dream vehicle!
By Canadian eh! on 02/13/08 22:50 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle! I traded in my '04 Escape 2WD base vehicle that I absolutely came to hate after 2 winters. Don't buy a 2wd Escape if you get snow or ice weather! Spend the money and get the 4WD/AWD, you won't regret it. Since purchasing this vehicle, I have driven in snow storms with confidence (not over-confidence) and it handles amazing. It grips the road and snow and sticks and I even tried to make the tires spin! It handles very smooth, quiet on the highway, is peppy. I find it comfy to sit in and drive. The gas mileage is good for an SUV and handles much like a car. The control panel takes a little getting used to since there are a lot of buttons, but you get used to it.

Put it on your short list.
By Mike from N.E on 02/02/08 11:42 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Needed something that could haul stuff and get me to work in New England winters, fit small family for road trips, and get reasonable fuel economy. The Ford Escape fit the bill. It is the first new domestic car my wife has owned! She drives it more then I do. We got the FWD modal. I am impressed with the traction on very icy and heavy snow covered roads. It is very quit on the highway. We have some good friends that almost bought a Honda CRV, (but decided on a GTI). They thought the Escape is a better buy. I would highly recommend this car.

Great Buy
By BariDWT on 01/16/08 16:07 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Just bought my 4WD XLT black pearl slate Escape and I love it so far. I live in Alaska where four wheel drive is a must and it handles great. Love the new exterior and interior over the old model...a definite improvement!

Great Little SUV
By Sheepscrossing on 01/15/08 19:30 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I needed something that was more fuel efficient than the Tahoe we traded in. This little SUV has plenty of room inside for the two and some of the grandkids plus it's got plenty of pep when you press the gas. And it stills gets close to 21 MPG driving in town. We're very pleased with it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.