2008 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews 16

2008 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
My second Escape
By Doug on 05/14/08 13:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I had a 2005 XLT Escape and loved it but liked the look of the 2008 more. Have had the vehicle for 6 months and it is great. Drive 80 miles a day for work and the performacne and ride is excellent. For the price the Escape is and great.

Fun and Sporty!
By Michelle on 04/28/08 12:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I sold my Yukon XL and wasn't ready to move down in size to a car so I had never really thought about the Escape because I wasn't crazy about the older body style. My Mom talked me into test driving one from the dealership where she worked. I loved it! My daughter loved it too. So, I figured out the colors and options I wanted and the dealership found one for me. I love it!

Love it!
By robind on 04/24/08 11:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I brought the 2008 Ford Escape as a late Christmas gift to myself! I have been driving my husbands ChevyS10 pickup so this was a nice change. I love the feeling of still sitting up high and love they way it drives. It is fun to drive. I absolutely love my moonroof! I am taking it on a long trip in 2 months from Florida to Connecticut and I am sure it is gonna be a much more comfortable ride than riding in the Chevy truck. I am actually looking forward to this trip. Gas mileage is about 19 in the city which isn't too bad. Not sure about highway since I haven't really taken it too far yet on the highway.

Ahhh
By it is on 04/13/08 18:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Switched from awd to 2wd -- and I'm doing alright (not needed in tx). Needed room for dogs, with better mileage than I got with my wagon. This is it! Worst case, my first mileage estimate is 27 mpg with 70 hwy/30cty. Better than expected! I had to find something under 20k, and used wasn't practical--I rack up the miles. It has my bare necessities, but I miss the seamless cargo space of my wagon (the Escape has gaps, with dangerous pins in them)--until my custom mats are made, I'll have to keep travel crates in the car. Other than that, why are they still doing drum brakes?

So far
By atx on 04/13/08 18:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Switching from a Subaru Outback to this is refreshing. It feels lighter than the 'ru ever did, and gets 8 mi/gal more (judging from the first fillup). Drove CR-V, Rav, and the new styles had horrible visibility! Escape still has it. And the price is so much better! I got a new base model for the same as a high-mileage used of the others. While it is reported to be more sluggish, I don't find anything fatally bad about it. It suits my needs as a dog trainer, without breaking the bank at the pump.

It doesn't stand for fix or repair daily
By MoRich on 04/04/08 10:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I thought I would never go back to American made cars again. I had a 2001 CRV until the trans died a few months ago. The Escape is rugged looking, sits higher, has a very smooth ride and fun to drive. It has a lot of interior room. Lots of head room and a quiet ride. Love the crome grill and the the keyless doors and back latch. Just gettting 18 MPG in city so far. Also brakes are a bit soft. Hope that will improve. Really enjoying the car.

My Sweet Escape
By Sweet Escape on 03/27/08 20:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I replaced my 02' Mercury Mountaineer- 6cyl-AWD-that was getting about 12miles to the gallon for this great 08 Escape. I get on average of 23-25mpg and I love it. Everytime I go to the gas pump I smile--except at the prices of course. I had test driven the Jeep Patriot and Liberty but wasnt satisfied. Once I got behind the wheel of the Escape I knew. I love the Vista Blue Metallic, it's gorgeous! This is my 1st vehicle with a sunroof and it has spoiled me. I also love the satellite radio-NASCAR! This is my first new vehicle-I definitely made a wise choice.

Manual Transmission Rocks!
By aet on 03/26/08 14:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After a week and a half I'm very impressed. If Mazda had had the right colors I would have had a Tribute because I really enjoyed my 05 Lapis Lasuli blue one - but a tree fell on it while I was driving. So the Escape's exterior color and other features were attractive. It has more room than some compact SUVs. The 5 speed manual really makes it perk up performance wise and I think the combination of 4cyl and manual will save me a little gas money. I just feel more in control of the car with manual. I'm waiting to see if the standard tires Continental Crosstrac wear out as fast as they did on my Tribute - 30,000 miles even with servicing.

About time
By df on 03/22/08 20:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Have had pickups and large suvs past 20 years. Finally gave up f150. This Escape is so fun to drive, comfortable and quiet cpmpared to CR-V and Rav4, loaded and only cost 21000, v6 and 4wd. So far 22 mpg, better if cruise not used. Interior finish is neat, and exterior is sharp and finish is superb. We like this so much we are thinking of trading wife's Expedition for another.

2008 Escape XLT V-6
By Wisconsin D on 03/18/08 19:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I traded my 01 Ford Ranger 4x4 for my Escape, and love my Escape. I use it for commuting, and pleasure - mileage on highway is about 24-25. In town it drops to 18-19. The V-6 is adequate for power. Handling is what sets this vehicle above others I tested. AWD is excellent - no problem with snow, ice, sleet. Inside is comfortable, and good visibility. We take it more than our Lexus for around town.