Used 2008 Ford Escape Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Dangerous
By roslynr

2008 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

On May 24, 2013 while driving in the middle of a memorial day weekend rush hour traffic the lights came on in the dashboard and the suv, was not accelerating and just shut down , while trying to coast to the side of expressway this was impossible, I had to restart the truck. Once the suv restarted a short distance later it shut down again forcing me off the expressway. Once I made it home I called the dealership who told me to contact ford and file a complaint. My truck is a 2008 ford escape. After this email I will contact the BBB , this is dangerous to myself and others in traffic. This is a law suite waiting to happen.

Favorite Features

Great on gas

Suggested Improvements

This is not the first time this has happen with these trucks. My son owens one and his did the same thing come find out his gas line came loose. Also by the reviews I read on line this has happen a number of times . Therefore time to contact news or whoever cares about this problem or consumers.

Stop Safely now
By josephcallendr

2008 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have been driving my parents 2008 ford escape hybrid for the past 6 months twice i have had the problem where a lights comes on and on the dashboard it says to stop safely now and the engine huts off and i have to coast to the side of the road and turn the car on and off again it is really scary and not safe when that happens

Favorite Features

great gas

First AND Last Ford
By onthehwy

2008 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This was my first in last Ford. In the three years that I have had this SUV, the air vent fell off, the front window squeaks when let down (it was supposedly fixed), had 3 new batteries, a transmission cooler, and now my transmission has gone bad. I'm sorry but all this should NOT happen within 3 years of owning a new car. I'm going back to Toyota!

Favorite Features

the interior design

Suggested Improvements

Fix all transmission problems.

It Stinks!
By Kohkum

2008 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We are new customers to ford vehicles and will never again purchase another! Ever!!! Every time we get this vehicle on the road we have to wear masks over our faces. The catalytic converter (we are told by the dealership) has a problem that we/they are unable to alter. Everytime this vehicle accelerates the smell insde the vehicle almost makes you dizzy. It smells like cooked S_it! The season does not diminish the degree of smell except that winter seems to augment it when we are driving on snow covered roads. Apparently no one lese has this trouble!If you have encountered this problem, please drop us a line and let us know how it was rectified if it was even rectified. Sad and Sorry Owners

Favorite Features

the heated seats and the look of the dash, that's IT!

Suggested Improvements

Figure out how to match the size of the catalytic converter to the engine or the acceleration output so there is NO smell inside the vehicle!

2008 Ford Escape Transmission
By scndshot

2008 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Pitiful. Transmission failing at 34k Miles. Thankfully, just barely still under warranty. Type "2008 Ford Escape Transmission" on the internet and see the complaints. Never again...will trade in for Honda or Toyota. Driver seat power-drive also failed, as did one of the back power-windows (around 15k miles). Pitiful.