2007 Ford Escape 2.3L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - An excellent small SUV.

2007 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

An excellent small SUV.
By Michael on

2007 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I have had no problems with this vehicle at all so far. It has a lot of power and has very good fuel economy for an SUV. It has very tight and responsive steering. (a lot like a sports car.) It is quite easy to park this thing in tight parking spots. When I drove it from Texas to California in late November of 2006, I was getting 27MPG on the highway. When I took it for a drive in the San Gabriel Mountains, I noticed that it climbed the steep grades and mountain passes with no problem at all. It rides very smooth and quiet. It has lots of room for its size. I can fold down the seats, lay out my sleeping bag and have enough room in the back to stretch out and sleep inside this thing.

Favorite Features

The cruise control. Very comfortable reclining bucket seats. The very logical layout of the dashboard and its controls. The fold down rear seats that actually fold all the way down.

Suggested Improvements

The radio needs an external jack that will allow you to plug in portable players so they can be heard through the stereo system.