2007 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Fun Car
By Jenn on 12/16/06 07:50 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I love my 2007 Escape. It's fun to drive, looks sharp and I get a lot of comments on it. The only thing I would change is the dashboard. I prefer digital info on the radio, such as temp, fuel range, etc. but that is not an option on mine. I would also put more numbers on the speedometer. It's a little difficult to tell if I am driving 65 or 70 because of the limited numbers listed.. Other than that, I am very happy with my vehicle.

fun car to own
By jas1230 on 12/08/06 17:22 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I got this car because I needed an suv to haul horse feed and my lab around in. The Escape fits my needs and is a great on gas mileage. Has plenty of cargo space for 300 pounds of feed and a 95 pound dog and still handles great and has plenty of get up and go left in it.

Better Than the Explorer Sport
By steve on 12/03/06 17:32 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I got rid of my Explorer Sport and replaced it with the Escape Sport. Love to drive it. Great pick up. The air conditioner could be a little bit more powerful. All other Fords I have owned had great air. Live in Texas and cold air is a must. Great little SUV. Hope it holds up to the 100 round trip commute I have daily.

Escape from low MPG BIG SUV
By Jamel on 11/29/06 16:49 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Bought new Escape for my wife since we just had a baby girl. Sold my 2003 Ford Focus and 1996 V6 Mustang to get it. Gets great MPG for an suv 25mpg overall so far with only 500 miles on it. Shifts great. Ride is nice and high for only having 15 inch wheels. Love this car; makes me want to trade in my 06 Ranger and get a matching Escape. Great SUV love it.

As good as any other we tried out
By WvBigDog on 11/21/06 12:34 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I've read different reviews but I must say that so far we are very pleased with this vehicle. I is not lacking performance, stability, style, or comfort. Like I've always said it's all a matter of opinion and mine on the Escape is "luv it!"

Smart Purchase
By John on 10/13/06 09:57 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased my Escape under protest. Traded in my Dodge Quad Cab 4x4 Hemi to shut up my wife. Got tired of hearing about the high cost of ownership. Well, I should listen to my wife more often. Not as macho as a hemi but cut my expenses in half (payment, gas, insurance). Fun to drive and easier to park. I bought it with a stick shift to spite my wife. Didn't work. She thinks it's fun to drive too. If gas hits $5 a gallon, I'm ready.

I love My New Escape
By Anglea on 09/26/06 16:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I had a 2005 Escape 4 cylinder and wasn't as satisfied. The 2007 6 cylinder is a much smoother ride and quieter engine. I also like the darker tint on the windows and the 6 CD sound system. So far, I am very happy with my vehicle and I am still excited about the service that I received at my dealership. There doesn't seem to be as much brake dust build up.

I really like it!
By First time Ford on 09/01/06 07:06 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Ford so I was a little apprehensive and I also went from a V6 to a 4 cylinder, but it has more power than I expected and I'm enjoying the gas mileage. It's quite roomy for a compact SUV and the new warranty made the sale. I really like the styling and I like that it handles like a car, but you're riding up high like a truck. As a single person it's what I need - the look and feel of an SUV without the enormous price of one.

Great small SUV
By Jerry R on 08/30/06 04:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

The Escape is a relatively inexpensive, fun-to-drive small SUV that also happens to get pretty decent gas mileage. It has more cargo room than I had anticipated which has been a very welcome surprise.

Brakes
By Bruce on 08/09/06 09:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I am satisfied with my new Ford Explorer, but every time I step on and off the brake pedal, I get a clunking noise. The mechanic at the dealership said this was normal for this model. I don't like the clunking, but apparently there is nothing I can do about it. Anyone else having this problem?

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.