2007 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Ford better than Jeep
By MK2 on 01/27/08 08:43 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I had a 2006 Jeep Liberty and it was in the shop more than it was in my driveway, it got so bad I pick it from the dealership after a repair and drove it straight to the Ford dealer and traded it in on the 07 Escape. I love the Escape much better then the Jeep. It's never let me down in the 40,000 miles I've driven it, change oil and that's it. I did add a K&N air filter which did give me a noticeable increase in fuel mileage per/tank.

Update to earlier review
By vsinger on 12/07/07 12:58 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Wrote previous review 1 month after buying - now 1 year after purchase. Still love this vehicle. Motor broken in - excellent off-line acceleration. Very comfortable on long (1000 mile+) trips. Absolutely no reliability issues w/regular maintenance. So far unable to bottom it out yet over rough terrain, ruts at intersections, goes right over small obstacles like curbs if you go slow - great for "urban warfare".

Good little car
By bobb209 on 11/30/07 19:07 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my Escape for a year now and it has been an excellent vehicle. It's just the right size for a suburbanite like me. I can load 20 bags of mulch in the back with the back seats folded down or a 20 inch tv in the box, but the car is still easy to drive and park. I am a low mileage driver, but still I have not had one problem with the Escape. The ride is not as smooth as a sedan, but on the one trip I took from Milwaukee to Minneapolis the ride was good. I've read elsewhere that the aceleration of Escape with automatic transmission was supposed to be sluggish, but I find it to be vey quick and have had to ease up on the accelerator compared to other cars I've had.

Suprise Escape
By James H. on 10/15/07 19:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I wasn't even looking for an Escape when I started shopping and ending up there on chance because the Toyota dealer messed me over and I walked out. Anyway, I was surprised by the performance, look and feel of the 2007 Escape. It has been a great ride over the past year. The only thing I have noticed is breaking really hard is a little sluggish but over all a great ride. I am very happy with my 2007 Escape.

Reliable, but....
By escape driver on 09/20/07 11:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

The Escape appears to be reliable transportation. But not much else. Driving this used Escape from Enterprise, I can see where Ford cuts corners to keep costs down. Plastic interior looks cheap. And it is. The sound actually echos around inside the hard-shell interior. Motor is weak. A/C is strong. Very good A/C. Wheelbase is too short for a vehicle this tall and this heavy. The car bounces and porposes down the road. It feels tippy. Would not give this car to an inexperienced driver. ie: teenager. Poorly designed cargo area. There is a metal arm on each side which extends 7 or 8" into the cargo space when the seats are down. Rear seat forward tilt only. They do not fold flat.

Good little SUV
By JMM on 09/02/07 23:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife traded her 2005 Focus in for this because we were having a baby and the car seat didn't fit well in the Focus. The car seat fits nicely in the back of the Escape. The Escape seems well designed for a family with a couple of kids. The AWD will be perfect for getting around in winter in Minnesota. The handeling is great. Gas mileage isn't the best in class. It's also missing some high end technology stuff, and side curtain airbags found in the 07 Japanese alternatives. You have to pay more for that stuff though. We test drove a Saturn Vue, and liked the Escape better. he Escape looks better than any other small SUV in my opinion. I am biased toward buying American

Pleasantly suprised
By Former Pickup Owner on 08/27/07 08:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Back to the blue oval after about 12 years. Overall build quality is good, but interior has a little too much plastic. Seats are comfortable and handling is very good, reminds my of my old Honda CRX. Love the blazing copper color. Miss the power and height of my pickup, but not the gas mileage.

Sloppy Transmission
By rockdoggy on 07/19/07 09:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Blazing Copper: Great looking vehicle, good ergonomics except the arm rest/center console and cup holders. My wife cannot use because it is too far back. Gas mileage not as good as sticker suggests, about 19-22 with 50/50 highway/city driving. Transmission can sometimes jerk into gear. Also when needing to merge on freeway it's like breaking then jerking into gear. Need to work on that. It is as if the vehicle has trouble deciding which gear it wants. Handling is great, tight turning radius, easy to park and lots of room.

An excellent small SUV.
By Michael on 07/09/07 19:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I have had no problems with this vehicle at all so far. It has a lot of power and has very good fuel economy for an SUV. It has very tight and responsive steering. (a lot like a sports car.) It is quite easy to park this thing in tight parking spots. When I drove it from Texas to California in late November of 2006, I was getting 27MPG on the highway. When I took it for a drive in the San Gabriel Mountains, I noticed that it climbed the steep grades and mountain passes with no problem at all. It rides very smooth and quiet. It has lots of room for its size. I can fold down the seats, lay out my sleeping bag and have enough room in the back to stretch out and sleep inside this thing.

Who says Americans can't build a car?
By Mark on 05/04/07 12:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am a big guy and I fit in the front and rear just fine. Lots of legroom in the back! This "small" SUV is fun to drive, good looking and versatile. If you feed it premium gas, it will grow up to be an Explorer!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.