Used 2007 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Escape SUV

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Meets a lot of my needs except gas miles
By chico

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2007 program car. It was in great shape with very, very low miles. It rides like a small truck, handles like a small truck, and has room like a small truck. Unfortunately, it has the gas mileage of a small truck too. It's a real shocker coming out of a Camry. What I like about it is that it plows through modest amounts of snow with no hesitation. The ride is a little loud but the stereo has a feature that compensates for the ride noise level as you speed up and slow down, pretty cool. I like the features but I wish the ride were quieter and the gas mileage was better.

The remote entry is semi-programmable, not bad for a stock stereo, has adequate room for my needs. Breaking is decent as is the acceleration.

Loud ride noise and poor gas mileage. The air is a little louder than I like, particularly on the higher settings.

bullet proof
By Michael S.

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a company fleet vehicle that has that restored my faith in Ford (my 98' Contour had soooo many problems). It does everything well and has only required scheduled maintenence for 87K miles. Great ride for a truck, tight turning radius, great room and function in a compact package that JUST WORKS without having to think about it. I will be buying this one rather than turning it back in. I just can't let go of a good one.

Fun little truck
By Philippe T.

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

FUN little truck. No repairs since new. No complaints!

Driving experience on any type of road. Power is sufficient (man. trans.). Take little gas (4 cyl. engine)

Bigger arm rest for big guys please!

First SUV I ever liked
By Bryan Redeker

2007 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife replaced her Sunfire GT with a new 2007 Escape Limited and this was her first new car she had ever purchased. We looked at a Mazda 3 and a G6, but she decided on the Escape. I don't care for SUV's, but it did not take long for me to really start to like our Escape Limited. The fit and finish along with the quality of the interior pieces was very nice. The Escape is also very quiet, and is even fun to drive on twisty roads. Most SUV's have terrible steering feel, poor on-road dynamics, and noisy tires. The Escape has none of those problems. My wife loves her Escape, and I have learned to love it as well. It is the first SUV I have ever liked!

Fit and finish quality is very nice! Comfortable leather seats, very quite, and good handling. Power is good, and it is perfect for getting around in heavy snow. Seats fold down for enough room to haul race tires for my Mustang. Seats up, and room for 4 golf bags. Perfect size SUV for us.

We wish it had Sync and Sirius radio built in, but it wasn't available in 2007. We did not care for the 08 restyle, so we live without Sync. A 6- speed auto would help with mpg, but that came later.

I love my hooked up escape
By jz55_2001

2007 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

When i was going to buy this car i did about a years research and money saving, put a good down payment down for it. I knew exactly what i wanted color and everything i got the limited model and hooked it up. I put 18" chrome wheels on it with the toung skin grey exterior and the black leather interior changed the silver dash accents to silver burlwood, blue led lights in side and out. The no temp gauge thing bothered me also so i installed a rear view mirror with it in it.Fold out indash recever 3 tv's with Two 12 inch JBL speakers in a custom box changed all the speakers to kenwood components and remote start. It really turns heads when im driving it and i get alot of compliments.

the over all styling inside and out i did alot of customizing to this vehicle and everything flowed with my design

Some rear cup holders