2007 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
First SUV I ever liked
By Bryan Redeker on 04/01/09 12:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife replaced her Sunfire GT with a new 2007 Escape Limited and this was her first new car she had ever purchased. We looked at a Mazda 3 and a G6, but she decided on the Escape. I don't care for SUV's, but it did not take long for me to really start to like our Escape Limited. The fit and finish along with the quality of the interior pieces was very nice. The Escape is also very quiet, and is even fun to drive on twisty roads. Most SUV's have terrible steering feel, poor on-road dynamics, and noisy tires. The Escape has none of those problems. My wife loves her Escape, and I have learned to love it as well. It is the first SUV I have ever liked!

I love my hooked up escape
By jz55_2001 on 03/26/09 20:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

When i was going to buy this car i did about a years research and money saving, put a good down payment down for it. I knew exactly what i wanted color and everything i got the limited model and hooked it up. I put 18" chrome wheels on it with the toung skin grey exterior and the black leather interior changed the silver dash accents to silver burlwood, blue led lights in side and out. The no temp gauge thing bothered me also so i installed a rear view mirror with it in it.Fold out indash recever 3 tv's with Two 12 inch JBL speakers in a custom box changed all the speakers to kenwood components and remote start. It really turns heads when im driving it and i get alot of compliments.

buy one if you have the chance
By 07escape on 03/05/09 17:17 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this 07 escape used with 40,000 miles on it. I now have 46000 and i am loving it. I came from a ford fusion which got considerably better fuel economy, however the added cargo space and go anywhere ability are well worth it. I get about 18+mpg and i plan on getting a K&N airfilter which i have been told by many vastly improves the fuel economy, but increases some road noise. I love this vehicle and know that its been better then a Jeep i got around over my friends Jeep Wrangler with out a problem.

Just the right size SUV.
By John in Kingston TN on 01/10/09 19:22 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've been shopping for an Escape for a couple years now and finally made the plunge. I was going to buy the '07 new, when I saw the re-designed '08, but it was too late to order one as I wanted a 4x4 with manual 5-speed. Found a clean '07 4x4 stick 17K miles and love it. Very comfortable, excellent visibility. Mileage 23/27, and absolutely fun to drive. Handles great with lots of power for a 4cyl. The 2.3 has 25 years of refinement and it shows - especially with the stick. Interior is basic, but very functional.

Great performance
By Grizzly on 10/15/08 17:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I run a fleet of Ford SUV's. I just bought numbers 14-15-16 of the Ford Escape in the last 6 yrs. I put about 100,000 miles a yr on my cars & run them 3 yrs before I trade them in. And the Escape performance and quality is 2nd to none. I also have 2 Ford Expeditions, also very reliable vehicles, however for the price differance & fuel mileage differance I rather the Escape. Have very minimal amount of "shop time" on them considering the amount of miles I put on my vehicles. So most definitely 2 thumbs up.

My Escape Rocks!
By LOVEMYESCAPE on 08/21/08 22:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Did plenty of research here and elsewhere before I ended up getting my Escape. Great vehicle! Do yourself a favor, get a K&N air filter, learn to feather the gas from stops and enjoy 23+ MPG in the city (with the V6 no less!) I get 26-28 Hwy. Use the cruise control, it's your fuel efficient friend! The Escape can be as much of a gas hog as you want it to be. The Audiophile System is awesome and a great perk. One of the best things I love about the Escape though is it's size. It's really nice to maneuver in tight spaces. I went from an F-150 to this so the maneuverability and double the MPG are greatly appreciated. My only real issue is there's no temp in the info center. Enjoy!

Down sizing
By lionel diaz on 05/08/08 17:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I turned in my 2006 Explorer V6 XLT to get a smaller more fuel efficient SUV that was also not so truckish. The Escape V6 AWD was the SUV of choice. I got for a good price one year old used with 17,000 miles. The Explorer I traded in got only an avg. of 12-13 mpg and had a real truck SUV feel to it. The Escape has a much smoother feel to it and gets an avg of 19 mpg.

Worst SUV
By phil on 05/06/08 17:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my \Escape a year ago. Was happy about it until problems started. First of, there is a noise when I turn my stering which they told me that it was totally normal. Yeah right, like it was built that way. Now the radio, auto volume doesn't work. Change it 4 times and still the same problem so I gave up. Now, a month ago, the OD light started to flash and the transmission start slippering. Went to Ford dealer, they check and change every sensor and still was the same. They didn't know what to do, so they kept the car on their lot for a week before finally decided to open the transmission which it was broken inside. No technician to repair it. Had to order a new one

So far, so good
By mfish on 04/13/08 07:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

With a new baby on the way, needed to trade our Silverado pickup for a more baby-friendly vehicle. Grew up with the Fords of the late 80's-early 90's and swore I wouldn't drive another Ford, but now I own one--I'm surprised at how much I like it. Opted for the 5-speed and can get up to 29 mpg on trips. The four cylinder is so quiet, I sometimes can't hear the RPMs to know when to shift (no idiot shift light to help). The engine is also very spirited that I fins myself speeding without knowing! I'm 6'5" and fit fine in back seat with front seat all the way back. Interior a little plastic-y, but I like the look better than 2008 Escape. Though I've only had it for a month, I like it.

Love this car!
By LOVE THIS CAR! on 04/07/08 22:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Gave up my loaded sienna with great trepidation. I'd become spoiled with all of the perks, space and comfort, but had to get awd and trade leasing for ownership due to a new job. Wish I'd done it sooner! Best decision ever-- comfort, heated leather seats, 6cd, great cargo area, smooth ride (once the tire pressure was adjusted), and awesome stereo. Couldn't ask for more! Even gets better gas mileage than my husband's kia sportage (which has less cargo space, no heated seats or 6 cd changer). Gets around great in bad weather. It's just fun to drive at a great price (saved 150/mo on buying compared to my lease w/out a trade)! Had a Jeep and Blazer--this is better!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.