Used 2007 Ford Escape XLT Sport SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Escape SUV

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Great performance
By Grizzly

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I run a fleet of Ford SUV's. I just bought numbers 14-15-16 of the Ford Escape in the last 6 yrs. I put about 100,000 miles a yr on my cars & run them 3 yrs before I trade them in. And the Escape performance and quality is 2nd to none. I also have 2 Ford Expeditions, also very reliable vehicles, however for the price differance & fuel mileage differance I rather the Escape. Have very minimal amount of "shop time" on them considering the amount of miles I put on my vehicles. So most definitely 2 thumbs up.

Still doing well
By Mike

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I had an '06 Escape and loved it. Traded for a Mustang and recently traded back to an Escape. Great visibility and comfort. Gas mileage on the '06 was at 24 and hope to do as well on the '07. Lots of interior room with great storeage behind the back seat. Would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a SUV that does not need the third seat.Glad I went back to the Escape.

Favorite Features

Room and comfort. Ride is smooth and handles great.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see a few more options on the XLT that are offered on the limited. Would like to see circular vents that turn 360 degrees.

Pleasant Surprise
By Shane

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I recently donate my car (98 Old Intrigue w/ 250,000 miles) and traded in a F-150 for my new Escape. It is the perfect compliment of the two vehicles. The ride is a lot better then what I expected from this vehicle. And it has seemed to handle the snow and ice well in these wonderfully short MN and ND winters. I'm averaging 24.6 (through the first 4,100 miles) MPG with the V6 which has been the most pleasant surprise.

Favorite Features

Roomy interior, exterior styling, and sound system is great.

Suggested Improvements

Arm rest on doors could be wider. A little wider and taller tires would just improve on the great exterior looks. I gave this a nine on Interior because of dash light colors but sounds like that will be changes with 08 models.

Better Than the Explorer Sport
By steve

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I got rid of my Explorer Sport and replaced it with the Escape Sport. Love to drive it. Great pick up. The air conditioner could be a little bit more powerful. All other Fords I have owned had great air. Live in Texas and cold air is a must. Great little SUV. Hope it holds up to the 100 round trip commute I have daily.

Favorite Features

CD player.

Suggested Improvements

Better air, darker window tint, better placement of cup holder, longer and wider sun visors.

Great little truck
By Sue

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this to replace an F150 4x4 Supercab. In addition to being much easier to park, this little Escape handles well, rides well, looks great, and seems to be pretty well made.

Favorite Features

Looks, gas mileage, much easier to get in & out of than that big old F150.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders awkwardly placed, other than that everything seems logical.