Used 2007 Ford Escape XLT SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Regrets
By Lorili

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

The truck looks good enough on the outside, but inside it is not designed so well. I had the leather bag over the parking brake replaced once, but because of the way it lays over the brake, it is now torn again. Just a small tear, like a cut, but it is b/c of the way it lays right over the metal brake. That however, is not my big issue. My issue is the gas mileage. Previously, I had a 2000, GMC Yukon Denali that had almost better gas mileage. It was older, & bigger, but this truck is almost worse. I regret buying mine, but now I'm stuck with it.

Favorite Features

The color & body style. It did real good on the Michigan snow covered road last winter. The 4WD is a necessity.

Suggested Improvements

Better parking break bag design. ( I have a solution). Better gas mileage.

Fun Car
By Jenn

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I love my 2007 Escape. It's fun to drive, looks sharp and I get a lot of comments on it. The only thing I would change is the dashboard. I prefer digital info on the radio, such as temp, fuel range, etc. but that is not an option on mine. I would also put more numbers on the speedometer. It's a little difficult to tell if I am driving 65 or 70 because of the limited numbers listed.. Other than that, I am very happy with my vehicle.

As good as any other we tried out
By WvBigDog

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I've read different reviews but I must say that so far we are very pleased with this vehicle. I is not lacking performance, stability, style, or comfort. Like I've always said it's all a matter of opinion and mine on the Escape is "luv it!"

Favorite Features

Uncluttered interior, upgraded wheel and tire package, and the copper color and black accents...so cool!

Suggested Improvements

None at this time,