2007 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Excessive tire wear and very noisy
By monirol on 10/04/12 15:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my XLT in December 2006 and loved it until about 35,000 miles. I began to notice a lot of road noise from the tires due to excessive wear and "cupping" on the outside of the tires. Once I replaced the original continental contitrac tires with general tires and did a 4-wheel alignment the problem was resolved and it was nice and quiet. However, at about 30K miles on the new tires the noise began again. Despite rotating tires every 5K the problem persists and the tires/road noise returned. I really like this vehicle but this noise just kills me.

Will never get another Ford product
By dab1983 on 09/23/11 20:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased brand new with 11 miles on it. Was trouble free for the first year and a half, then the tranny blows at 22k miles!!!! Of course it was replaced under warranty. Appx six months later I started noticing that sometimes when I put it in reverse, it takes a few seconds to engage. So I took it back to the dealership and they were unable to replicate the problem. 3 months later, the tranny completely goes out....again!!!! Had truck towed to dealership and they replaced it again under warranty. Now, at 62k miles, my transmission is slipping, yet again. Not to mention, my warranty is up. Will never purchase another Ford product again!!!!

New transmission needed...
By angyl421 on 08/07/11 19:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Escape for about 3 years now and have loved it up until this point. As I was driving home last week my O/D light began flashing. I took the car to my mechanic and was told I needed a new transmission. I only have 51,000 miles on my car. Other than that, it does have some loud road noise- especially at around 45-50 mph. Other than that, the car has treated me well, too bad I have to get rid of it.

Love my Escape But !!!
By jlo425 on 06/04/11 20:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Well, I did'nt want to do it but I finally sold my Ford Escape. I owned it for a little over a year and loved to drive it, enjoyed the way it handled and the versatility. It was always fun to drive it as it handled well and was a great looking vehicle. The wind noise was a bit noticable at times but the reason I got rid of it was the terrible gas mileage. I have no idea what people are saying about good mileage. I live in the county and 95 % of my driving is highway and my Escape averages 20 mpg on the highway . My driving habits are quite conservative and Edmunds .com rates it as 21mpg on the highway. On the highway !!! To me this is not acceptable so I had to part with it . Thanks

Great so far
By Rob on 10/31/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this vehicle for 2 months now, I am pleased with it. Bought it with 32,000 miles, it is in excellent condition, it is an xlt but has several "sport" options, has the audiophile 6 cd changer with the 7 speakers. Mileage seems better than the van I had, the ride of course is a little stiffer though, the moonroof is neat, Continental "conti trac tires are noisy, will chg at 50k, my wife and I are both glad to be back in a Ford, Ford took the "high road", no bailout, and it has sure paid off.

Regrets
By Lorili on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

The truck looks good enough on the outside, but inside it is not designed so well. I had the leather bag over the parking brake replaced once, but because of the way it lays over the brake, it is now torn again. Just a small tear, like a cut, but it is b/c of the way it lays right over the metal brake. That however, is not my big issue. My issue is the gas mileage. Previously, I had a 2000, GMC Yukon Denali that had almost better gas mileage. It was older, & bigger, but this truck is almost worse. I regret buying mine, but now I'm stuck with it.

2007 Escape Review
By EscapeDriver on 07/19/10 10:47 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I love my escape. I always wanted a black SUV and when we drove the escape, I knew this was the right SUV for me. I've had it since 2007 and haven't had any problems! It's incredibly reliable and fun to drive. I would definitely get another escape in the future

Meets a lot of my needs except gas miles
By chico on 02/14/10 17:33 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2007 program car. It was in great shape with very, very low miles. It rides like a small truck, handles like a small truck, and has room like a small truck. Unfortunately, it has the gas mileage of a small truck too. It's a real shocker coming out of a Camry. What I like about it is that it plows through modest amounts of snow with no hesitation. The ride is a little loud but the stereo has a feature that compensates for the ride noise level as you speed up and slow down, pretty cool. I like the features but I wish the ride were quieter and the gas mileage was better.

bullet proof
By Michael S. on 02/02/10 07:55 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a company fleet vehicle that has that restored my faith in Ford (my 98' Contour had soooo many problems). It does everything well and has only required scheduled maintenence for 87K miles. Great ride for a truck, tight turning radius, great room and function in a compact package that JUST WORKS without having to think about it. I will be buying this one rather than turning it back in. I just can't let go of a good one.

Fun little truck
By Philippe T. on 12/22/09 17:50 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

FUN little truck. No repairs since new. No complaints!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.