Used 2007 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

I love my ford
By skl333

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have a used escape with 3 previous owners I have had it for over a year and a half . The gas mile is as good as my Camry had I average around 24 mpg .I have yet to have any big problems with this vehicle I had a window regulator go out and some mild problems with the cd player when the vehicle has been sitting for a few hours in cold conditions. Its sturdy and easy to navigate while being large enough that the big trucks on the road wont block your visions when trying to make turns or backing out of a parking space. its currently at 117,000 miles and running strong.

6 disk CD player satellite radio large backseat and a large cargo. when the back seats are put down you can fit a full sized mattress in the back.

I would suggest adding AWD to all of these models much like the Toyota rav4 has. Defiantly put in better cup holders in the back the plastic rings are crap.(put a can in mine turned a corner and now I have a large red stain on my floor boards)

Excessive tire wear and very noisy
By monirol

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my XLT in December 2006 and loved it until about 35,000 miles. I began to notice a lot of road noise from the tires due to excessive wear and "cupping" on the outside of the tires. Once I replaced the original continental contitrac tires with general tires and did a 4-wheel alignment the problem was resolved and it was nice and quiet. However, at about 30K miles on the new tires the noise began again. Despite rotating tires every 5K the problem persists and the tires/road noise returned. I really like this vehicle but this noise just kills me.

Interior room, acceleration, looks.

Fix the tire/road noise issue. Quiet the cabin.

Will never get another Ford product
By dab1983

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased brand new with 11 miles on it. Was trouble free for the first year and a half, then the tranny blows at 22k miles!!!! Of course it was replaced under warranty. Appx six months later I started noticing that sometimes when I put it in reverse, it takes a few seconds to engage. So I took it back to the dealership and they were unable to replicate the problem. 3 months later, the tranny completely goes out....again!!!! Had truck towed to dealership and they replaced it again under warranty. Now, at 62k miles, my transmission is slipping, yet again. Not to mention, my warranty is up. Will never purchase another Ford product again!!!!

Looks Strong engine

Better transmission!!!!!!

New transmission needed...
By angyl421

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Escape for about 3 years now and have loved it up until this point. As I was driving home last week my O/D light began flashing. I took the car to my mechanic and was told I needed a new transmission. I only have 51,000 miles on my car. Other than that, it does have some loud road noise- especially at around 45-50 mph. Other than that, the car has treated me well, too bad I have to get rid of it.

Love my Escape But !!!
By jlo425

2007 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Well, I did'nt want to do it but I finally sold my Ford Escape. I owned it for a little over a year and loved to drive it, enjoyed the way it handled and the versatility. It was always fun to drive it as it handled well and was a great looking vehicle. The wind noise was a bit noticable at times but the reason I got rid of it was the terrible gas mileage. I have no idea what people are saying about good mileage. I live in the county and 95 % of my driving is highway and my Escape averages 20 mpg on the highway . My driving habits are quite conservative and Edmunds .com rates it as 21mpg on the highway. On the highway !!! To me this is not acceptable so I had to part with it . Thanks

Versatility, fun to drive, very reliable, sharp looking

Must improve gas mileage!! and reduce wind noise