2007 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Fun little truck
By Philippe T. on 12/22/09 17:50 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

FUN little truck. No repairs since new. No complaints!

So far, so good
By mfish on 04/13/08 07:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

With a new baby on the way, needed to trade our Silverado pickup for a more baby-friendly vehicle. Grew up with the Fords of the late 80's-early 90's and swore I wouldn't drive another Ford, but now I own one--I'm surprised at how much I like it. Opted for the 5-speed and can get up to 29 mpg on trips. The four cylinder is so quiet, I sometimes can't hear the RPMs to know when to shift (no idiot shift light to help). The engine is also very spirited that I fins myself speeding without knowing! I'm 6'5" and fit fine in back seat with front seat all the way back. Interior a little plastic-y, but I like the look better than 2008 Escape. Though I've only had it for a month, I like it.

Smart Purchase
By John on 10/13/06 09:57 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased my Escape under protest. Traded in my Dodge Quad Cab 4x4 Hemi to shut up my wife. Got tired of hearing about the high cost of ownership. Well, I should listen to my wife more often. Not as macho as a hemi but cut my expenses in half (payment, gas, insurance). Fun to drive and easier to park. I bought it with a stick shift to spite my wife. Didn't work. She thinks it's fun to drive too. If gas hits $5 a gallon, I'm ready.

Brakes
By Bruce on 08/09/06 09:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I am satisfied with my new Ford Explorer, but every time I step on and off the brake pedal, I get a clunking noise. The mechanic at the dealership said this was normal for this model. I don't like the clunking, but apparently there is nothing I can do about it. Anyone else having this problem?

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.