Used 2007 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Escape

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Very Reliable; Affordable; Safe to Drive; Quality
By Lawton OK Resident

2007 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really love driving my 2007 Ford Escape since we got it in 2009. Never have any major problems except the rear lights fogging up but we got it fixed, and there's minor noise(squeeking) or vibration while driving. But overall, it is a very reliable, affordable, safe to drive and very decent quality car to buy. It has a very low mileage when we got it and found out it used to be a rental car.

I love my ford
By skl333

2007 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have a used escape with 3 previous owners I have had it for over a year and a half . The gas mile is as good as my Camry had I average around 24 mpg .I have yet to have any big problems with this vehicle I had a window regulator go out and some mild problems with the cd player when the vehicle has been sitting for a few hours in cold conditions. Its sturdy and easy to navigate while being large enough that the big trucks on the road wont block your visions when trying to make turns or backing out of a parking space. its currently at 117,000 miles and running strong.

6 disk CD player satellite radio large backseat and a large cargo. when the back seats are put down you can fit a full sized mattress in the back.

I would suggest adding AWD to all of these models much like the Toyota rav4 has. Defiantly put in better cup holders in the back the plastic rings are crap.(put a can in mine turned a corner and now I have a large red stain on my floor boards)

Excessive tire wear and very noisy
By monirol

2007 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my XLT in December 2006 and loved it until about 35,000 miles. I began to notice a lot of road noise from the tires due to excessive wear and "cupping" on the outside of the tires. Once I replaced the original continental contitrac tires with general tires and did a 4-wheel alignment the problem was resolved and it was nice and quiet. However, at about 30K miles on the new tires the noise began again. Despite rotating tires every 5K the problem persists and the tires/road noise returned. I really like this vehicle but this noise just kills me.

Interior room, acceleration, looks.

Fix the tire/road noise issue. Quiet the cabin.

Will never get another Ford product
By dab1983

2007 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased brand new with 11 miles on it.
Was trouble free for the first year and a half, then the tranny blows at 22k miles!!!! Of course it was
replaced under warranty.
Appx six months later I started noticing that sometimes when I put it in reverse, it takes a few seconds to engage.
So I took it back to the dealership and they were unable to replicate the problem.
3 months later, the tranny completely goes out....again!!!! Had truck towed to dealership and they replaced it again under warranty.
Now, at 62k miles, my transmission is slipping, yet again.
Not to mention, my warranty is up.
Will never purchase another Ford product again!!!!

Looks Strong engine

Better transmission!!!!!!

New transmission needed...
By angyl421

2007 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Escape for about 3 years now and have loved it up until this point.
As I was driving home last week my O/D light began flashing.
I took the car to my mechanic and was told I needed a new transmission.
I only have 51,000 miles on my car.
Other than that, it does have some loud road noise- especially at around 45-50 mph.
Other than that, the car has treated me well, too bad I have to get rid of it.