Uncomfortable Seats/Poor Gas Mileage
By Christine on
2006 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
I have been driving my Escape for 6 months and I just can't escape the fact that the seats are hard as rocks and are very uncomfortable. Ford needs to go back to the drawing board and take some hints from other manufacturers (Honda, Volvo). The only saving grace is that I'm in my vehicle for a few minutes a day (2 mile commute). Trips of an hour or more and I'm miserable. Just for the record I bought a Limited with every option (premium leather seats w/ heat). The gas mileage is poor (onboard computer says I'm getting 15.4 mpg). I have to use Premium gas to keep engine from pinging after working with the dealer. After only 6 months I will probably start looking for something else.
Favorite Features
I really like the power sun roof, the heated side mirrors are great for winter, and the reverse sensors are great. The overall look of the vehicle is nice. I have Titanium Green paint; it has been holding up well.
Suggested Improvements
Seats need to be retooled and more focus on the comfort. Currently they are hard as rocks. The door handles are flimsy. I have had problems with engine pinging since getting the vehicle. The dealers solution is to use premium gas.