2006 Ford Escape 2.3L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - My One Regret This Year!

2006 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

My One Regret This Year!
By ItsJustMe on

2006 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I thought I got a great deal, no such luck. Problems with cruise control and the gas pedal sticking, gas tank and fuel shut off, gas wouldn't always ready full until I drove 40 miles, burns oil - bad - at not even 40,000 miles, seals in the windows and doors are poor - lots of wind sounds. Finally, there was a horrible vibration sound coming out of fan/windshield area. Had it to 3 dealerships and nobody could fix it. Got worse with wind direction (sounds like something was stuck). Replaced blower motor and nothing changed. Horrible purchase overall. Its one thing after another. I know many people who love theirs, but please research and test drive until your blue in the face!!

Favorite Features

The storage in this vehicle is great. The back seats folds completely down and you can get a lot in. In the winter months, it heats up really fast. Rear-windshield wiper is great. Average 24-26 MPG with a mix of city/country. Best is 31. I like the center counsole vs. on the steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Everything besides what's listed in favorite features. Seats are really uncomfortable. I have a tan interior and water leaves a stain - horrible for kids.