2006 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Ford Escape
By Ford Escape on 05/04/06 11:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We really like our Escape. It is fun to drive. We would like it better if it were just a little bit bigger. At least big enough so five people could ride in it and be comfortable. We could get five people in it but the one in the middle of the back seat wouldn't be really comfortable. Also we would like it better if the doors locked automatically when the vehicle is started. This is a feature that we think should be added. Overall we are pleased with our Escape. Of course we haven't had it long enough or driven it enough miles to encounter any major problems. I hope it is reliable enough that we never have any major problems with it. Time will tell.

Fun SUVette
By HA on 04/18/06 18:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Looked at several of the smaller SUVs and got this one based on the FORD name, safety packages and mileage. It came with the leather package and the sun and sound package for free, I am assuming in response to the many complaints of inferior interior design. The better stereo is great and the sunroof is nice too. Do not like the center console and cup holder placement though. Engine is surprisingly responsive considering it is only a 4 cylinder.

Great SUV
By Lorie Styles on 04/08/06 04:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this truck because of the quality I heard from friends. It is a compact SUV with lots of room and such a smooth ride. My mother has health problems and it was easy for her to enter and exit the vehicle with little effort!

Great Car
By David on 03/26/06 09:35 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great SUV. Never has given me a problem yet with now 6k on it. Always gets compliments. Great for driving to work to weekend. I am happy that I purchased this.

Great handling, sporty, good price point
By dave_7248 on 03/19/06 18:07 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Responsive handling, manageable size, and sporty look have been satisfying. After researching and test driving at least 12 vehicles (RAV4, Forester, Suzuki Grand Vitara, Jeep Liberty, etc.) for more than a year, I finally decided on the 2006 Ford Escape. The combination of being fun to drive, the safety canopy package and the price point kept pointing me back to the Escape. I've rented the Escape at least four times, and have always been satisfied at the end of my trips (despite having a bad back). My concern has always been the Ford name -- will the Escape be reliable? I'm a big Consumer Reports fan, and they gave the vehicle a great review for reliability.

Fun SUV
By cb on 03/18/06 19:50 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great little SUV. It's small enough to not feel as cumbersome as many of the larger 'utes, but still avoids feeling like a "toy", which I did not find to be true of the RAV4 and CR-V I took a look at. We got the Limited with every option except towing and sunroof. I've never had much use for a sunroof, and if I wanted to tow, I would buy a larger vehicle intended for that type of use. Highly recommend the titanium green color. It maintains a clean appearance longer than many colors, and looks great in sunlight. Overall a very nice vehicle, with surprising options. Highly recommended.

My New Escape
By Terry Kobza on 03/16/06 19:04 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

With less than 600 miles on the car the only real problem I have is the fuel economy. Could use better seats with lumbar adjustment. Also a temperature gauge like my F-150 SuperCrew and a compass. Other than that it seems like a real nice car. My wife drives it and appears pleased. Oh yes. Power disc brakes at least in front, all as standard equipment. Ford I hope youÂ’re reading this.

James
By James on 03/07/06 09:09 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

My Escape came from the factory with the front end out of alignment and a steering wheel vibration that comes and goes. The front tires were damaged and Ford refused to replace them. They did align the front end but have not been able to cure the vibration. The engine runs well and has good power for a 4 cylinder but often hesitates when cold. The ride and handling are good. It has some wind noise but it is not offensive. I would not recommend buying this vehicle.

great small suv
By dennis danner on 03/05/06 08:41 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My 2006 Escape runs and handles very good for a small suv. it has plenty of power but lacks fuel mileage. it is fun to drive and was great in the snow.

A good, economical SUV to drive
By atg61 on 03/02/06 09:05 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

A good, economical SUV to drive and it serves most purposes. Although not a very powerful engine (4 cylinder) it easily makes up for it in fuel economy. Because of its size, it is nimble and can squeeze in spots better than your average SUV yet still is able to hold/transport almost the same amount as bigger SUVs without giving up a lot of space. The base XLS model is no frills but has options that you would not expect. A good value over all and I am quite satisfied.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.