2006 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Lot's of fun to drive
By Kevin on 07/25/06 04:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Having owned a BMW X5, I find this SUV more fun to drive. No it doesn't have all the bells but I really don't need all the bells. I can turn on the wipers when it rains. I also own a new Explorer and find the Escape a better ride. I got 21.5 mpg on my first tank which was local driving and 24 mpg on my first long trip.

My Escape
By Ken on 07/24/06 14:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape XLT Sport 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent SUV for the price. Really enjoy riding and driving it. Look forward to taking short and long trips.

Love it
By Melissa on 07/20/06 17:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

The Ford Escape is a small suv with lots of room. You can carry tons of stuff and feel like you have an SUV while at the same time feeling like you are driving a car. The car is cute, young and fun and it looks nice! I am amazed at the gas mileage. I live in Coral springs and was able to go to Orlando and back on one tank of gas - like 290 miles on the highway! Love this car. It is actually my company car. I drive a lot for work and spend over five hours per day in this car. I always feel comfortable and the inside is spacious.

E for Escape
By Blondie on 07/18/06 09:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape XLT Sport 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just love my SUV. It drives much smoother than I thought it would. Has a great bit of power to it as well. There's plenty of room for everything. You drive up high but without the bulk of a large SUV. It's great to take on road trips.

Fun to drive and easy to park
By camguy on 07/15/06 18:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This small SUV is by far my favorite vehicle. I always liked the Mercury version (Mariner) but decided to look at the Escape since it was basically the same with a slightly different look and was a few grand less. Well I loved the ride. Can't say anything bad about the car.

Sweet Ride
By rich on 07/14/06 19:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great family hauler. Switching from 2 door Explorer. Wanted convenience of 4 doors. Handles like a car and looks like a truck. Comfortable seating and attractive interior. Acceptable gas mileage. Much cooler than the Honda CR-V. Great ride so far. My wife and I both love to drive it.

......good for the money
By teendriver on 06/24/06 23:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I have driven the Jeep Liberty and the Escape can't even compare to the Jeep. The Escape seems more...finished and sturdy. it is easy to drive and I don't feel like I'm going to top over every time I turn. Get the upgraded sound package because it sounds great! The moonroof makes driving even more fun. Compared to other suv's I guess it's good on gas but I put $85 already in this week so it's not great. i don't suggest the 4 cylinder...it could use little more pep!

awd Escape
By escape06 on 06/10/06 19:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Love this vehicle, it handles excellent in eight inches of snow. Provides plenty get up and go and with 15,000 miles it has had no mechanical problems.

usable vehicle
By DINO on 06/03/06 19:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am handicapped and was in need of dependable vehicle for my wife. We looked at several vehicles and the Escape suited our needs the best of all. We are very satisfied.

ESCAPER
By Greg on 05/27/06 17:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape XLT Sport 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Lots of fun to drive. My wife loves it. The only fault I can find is the comfort of the drivers seat and limited movement of the tilt wheel.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.