8 yrs, 140k mi, no problems, love it EXCEPT uncomfortable seat
By sara43 on
2006 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)
The Escape was not exactly what I thought I wanted in 2006 but it's what I could afford, and as it turned out it was and still exactly what I needed. 8 years and 142,000 miles later the only repair I have had to make outside of regular maintanance was replace a sticky brake caliper, most likely a manufacturing defect. Furthermore, I bought a front wheel drive as we lived in VA, not knowing we would be moving to the heart of the Rockies in CO. With good tires and smart driving, this car has handled incredibly adverse snow conditions. My only complaint is that the seat is sooo uncomfortable. I am not big, 5'6", 130 lbs, but just NO leg support in this short seat.
Favorite Features
Good looking exterior design, reliability, durability, price. A very usable vehicle. Looks of cargo space, can pack it full of dogs, camping and rafting gear.
Suggested Improvements
Ford, if you would only put a decent seat in this car, it could be a perfect vehicle for drivers in your target market. There is no reason a middle income driver should have to be uncomfortable in this day and age. Spend the money and design a better seat. I'm middle aged and athletic, so I have no spinal/muscular issues that are the culprate. I just have to stop and get out of this car anytime I'm driving over an hour, just to stretch and get circulation back in my legs. Long distance drives? Downright painful.