2006 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
My Cool Suv
By Harvey on 01/03/07 14:46 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Hi, I'm Harvey from Texas. I love driving my new Ford Escape. It has very good handling and is very easy to control. Not to mention it's very comfortable as well. My wife and I love it because is looks like a small 4x4. In other words it looks like it could go off roading or something. Oh, and wow! the Ford Escape is really great on gas unlike the last vehicle I had. It has really saved me hundreds of dollars in just a couple of months.

06 Escape 5 Speed
By Drew on 12/28/06 12:06 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My family and I really love our new Escape. Gas mileage is wonderful averaging about 25 mpg with mostly city driving! And it's 4X4! Plenty of power with the manual trans. Would like to see more options available with the 5 speed. i.e. fog light, power seat, sunroof, 6 disc privacy glass.

Cheap Thrills
By coach2hockey on 11/21/06 14:34 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I picked up a base model Escape for $15,400 before tax and title and couldn't be more satisfied. I have a city/highway commute and average 29+mpg. Plenty of room in the back for hockey equipment and the split foldown seat allows for the sticks to lay flat without using up the whole second row of seating. For a 4 cylinder there is decent acceleration even with the A/C running. Why would anyone buy a car when they can get one of these?

I love my Escape
By K. Hegmegee on 10/20/06 17:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I drive 50 miles a day and my Escape is wonderful. I has a cool sporty growl and is a practical mom bus. Mud? No, problem. I wish I had a lumbar support but otherwise my next car will most likely be another Escape just fancier.

More than I expected
By zookeeper on 09/02/06 22:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Looked at small AWD vehicles and picked the Escape based on ride, looks and mileage. In the four months we have driven the Escape it has done everything I had hoped for and more. We saved on gas usage by half over our other vehicles and other than oil changes it has not seen the dealer for any reason. The fit and finish on the car was perfect and even with the four cylinder the performance has been great.

Hill Country TX Review
By Canyon Lake, TX. on 08/30/06 08:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Prior to our purchase, we test drove Chevy HHR & Equinox (neither impressed us), Suzuki Grand Vitara (lacked performance); Saturn Vue (lacked style); Jeep Compass (poor quality). We're happy with the Escape. Handles the hill country well, excellent quality, ride, performance. We also like the appearance over competitive makes. Nice features, but gas mileage in our 4WD model is not impressive (16 mpg) and we need darker window tint to handle the Texas sun. Impressive driveability on wet & dry roads.

Can't stop driving it
By Butch on 08/23/06 08:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I had a 2000 Blazer before my 06 Escape. What an improvement. Ford put together a very nice vehicle. Such a fun car to drive. Front wheel drive, independent 4 wheel suspension, big tires, a well balanced suv. Responsive V6, no rattles, quiet, handles very well. Gas mileage is very acceptable. 21 city, 24-25 hwy. As I mentioned, I can't stop driving it. Being on a fixed income, its hard to not get in it every day and put on 20-30 miles just enjoying it. The $3.00 per gal is hard to handle but hay, IT'S SO MUCH FUN TO DRIVE! Being a previous suv owner, I can say this vehicle is a winner.

Great SUV
By Sean on 08/08/06 08:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We have had this car about a month and have had nothing but praise for it. It handles well and drives like a dream. I drive a lot for work and with the fuel economy I actually make some money on my mileage reimbursements! Perfect size and very well built.

We'd buy another one!
By pdavis on 08/01/06 20:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

We have the XLS 2 wheel drive 5 speed manual and absolutely love it. We traded a 5 speed manual Ranger and the Escape gets better mileage and is much more comfortable.

Escape
By nice compact suv on 07/25/06 17:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The all-wheel drive on the Escape can handle 8-10 inches of snow with ease. Also it tends to get about 25-26 mpg at 55 mph. The road handling is great and has a peppy V6.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.