Used 2006 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Great vehicle - recommended
By mojo

2006 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great blend of economy and quality. Not quite as roomy as an Explorer, but is a lot more reasonable on gas and better for parking, etc.

Interior design is very comfortable even for long trips. lots of room.

cabin is a little noisy, could be improved.

Rumbling Ride...
By L.D.Driver

2006 Ford Escape XLT Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

There is one minor flaw in this vehicle that is such a major distraction to the driving experience that I have grown to hate the Escape completely. I drive up to 60,000 km(35,000 Mi) every year and the uneven tire wear that mysteriously happens with these vehicles leads to obscene levels of noise while driving. The dealership and other garages seem aware that the Escape has this issue but don't seem aware of how horrendous an issue this is for a high mileage driver. The only advise the dealer could offer was to rotate the tires every 5000km instead of 10,000. For me that would mean a tire rotation every 4 weeks which is just not feasible! NOTE- uneven wear is not a result of wheel alignment.

No favorite features... most features would just rate an "average" from me.

Fix whatever the problem is that causes uneven tire wear. Other vehicles i have owned such as Honda CRV did not have this problem.

very satisfired
By rwc

2006 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Wife has a rav4 and this suv is very comparable, v6 has plenty of power and gets decent gas mileage. I would purchase this vehicle again in a heart beat.

rugged look and handling

doors seem a little to light.....

Well....
By Luke W

2006 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in june of 08. it was a great car for about 20 miles. then a wheel bearing went out and completly ruined my two front tires. the windows rattle, alot of random noises and the stereo is going bad for a third time. Its not a bad car but i would have never bought it if i woulda known. Lots of little issues. And it beeps wayyy to much. gets very annoying very fast.

Descent gas mileage

Well i suggest staring over. Buy a honda or a better brand, Ford is bankrupt

Saved My Bacon!
By rmaddox

2006 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a used Escape just two months ago, so this won't have a lot of detail. However, it probably saved me from serious injury a few days ago. I was struck while legally crossing an intersection by a man who ran his red light. His Chevy Cavalier was totaled and he hit me on almost directly on my passenger wheel. My entire front has been shifted over and most likely will be totaled out by my insurance. However, from the dash back, it looks completely fine. I sustained a whiplash injury, but very little else. Had I been in my old car, a sporty small coupe, I believe I would have had many more injuries.

Safety! Liked the large amount of cargo room. Also appreciated being in a larger vehicle that still drove reasonably well.

Back window creaked when going over bumps. AWD has to have all tires replaced at the same time. (Good to know.) Road noise pronounced on hwy. Wished the AC functioned a little differently. Not sure about fuel economy. Cushion fabric stains BADLY! Ford needs to fix that.