Used 2006 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Escape

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

NO COMPLAINTS
By viola chapman

2006 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Had 29,0000 when I purchased it & cross my fingers, so far, I am very please with the car. yes a little lound interior, but I would say that is to be expected, because it is not the heavier, big SUV. It has 33<186 miles now, so I hope it keeps on to be the reliability and quality that I have enjoyed the short time I have drove it back and forth to work, everyday

Favorite Features

Steror changer a have realy enoyed, I never had one before, the comfor of driving, to me, is great, & etc,

Suggested Improvements

Gas Mileag, Sure we all would love 30 or more, but if you what they get one that offers that when you purchase it and say it after you purchase it , it has it on the sticker, what the gas mileage will be

Tire Noise
By Ron

2006 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

The Escape has been a great vehicle but I do agree that the tire noise can be terrible. We just put on a new set of tires and had an alignment done and there is a 96% reduction in noise. Original tire lasted 50,000 miles the new ones were only $106.00 plus mounting. We should have been having the alignment done on a regular basis that would have cut down on the noise and stopped the tires from wearing wrong.

Favorite Features

Nice look and very reliable

Suggested Improvements

Day time running lights are the only option not on this model.

New Ford Purchaser
By Not a Ford Person

2006 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Well I'm not a Ford person really as I swore I'd never own one but my wife and I have noticed that we have been taken by the style and appearance of certain model years of the Escape. We have only had our Escape for a few weeks now and despite the negative reviews as seen here regarding the less than anticipated fuel mileage so far our initial trials have been at least 500kms to the the full tank or better with city and highway driving. We'll see in the months to come how the fuel mileage will end up being.

Favorite Features

The awd feature. The type of tires which came with it. The dual rear hatch/glass feature. The roominess of the interior.

Suggested Improvements

I'd like to see the return of the separate switching of the 4wd feature which an 04 model had. To be able to fold down the rear seats completely without having to remove the headrests. individual options to obtain individual preference such as sun roof etc.

Excellent performer
By luvmyfords

2006 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned and operated this vehicle for just about a year now and it's been the ideal SUV for me and how I use it. For being a disabled driver as myself, it's so easy to transfer from my wheelchair and into the seats.

Favorite Features

The 3.0 V-6 has very impressive acceleration and runs smooth. The steering and handling responds well and ride quality is superior.

Suggested Improvements

The '06 XLT should have had 17 inch tires for an option.

Ok but.....
By Ann Marie

2006 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle in 2006 and have loved it but.... at 30,000 the gas pedal kept getting stuck... in the up position so I couldn't step in the gas unless I slammed my foot down. I had it fixed and they told me they replaced the linkage. It was fine after that. 1 year and 2 days later it happened again (2 days past part warranty) and the Ford dealer would not honor that. Low funds makes it hard to fix and Ford will not help. They tell me "its my problem." For a part to go twice really doesn't say much and such an important one.

Favorite Features

It is fun to drive. I feel it's spacious.

Suggested Improvements

After owning it a while the road noise does become loud. Also hear a clanking underneath when I go over a bump. And the gas peddle sticks.