2006 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Very Nice Small SUV
By JimmyD on 01/06/10 06:05 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Have owned my 06 Escape for almost a year now. Great Vermont car - great in snow / bad weather. Had no problems until recently - had one ABS speed sensor go bad. The Ford dealer quickly diagnosed and fixed. Snappy performance with the 6 cyl, tows my 17 foot runabout boat without a problem. Roomy for a small SUV. OK gas mileage (22mpg). Seats very comfortable but stain easily (with just water). I've steam cleaned several times. Scotchguard helps.

'06 Escape XLT Sport
By Ron S. on 12/28/09 03:10 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I actually am quite fond of my Escape in spite of some dissapointing quirks. I must say it is way better than my last car, a Jeep Cheerokee Sport. The escape is an all around great vehicle and does every thing it is supposed to. I do agree with the person that said the tilt wheel does not tilt enough, this feature is like "What's the point?". Also mine has a very annoying suspension rattle that drives me crazy. I think it needs the sway bar connecting links replaced. My '05 Ford Focus had the same problem. Not hard or expensive to fix but a design flaw just the same. The padding in the front buckets is breaking down in the seat backs, my wife and I are just average size. Hey Ford????

never again
By ford hater now on 12/26/09 18:44 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

had one... had a wreck the air bags did NOT work . tires have to be replaced too often. it flipped so easy. when we wrecked it took only 3 people to flip it back over and one was a woman one was a teenage boy. this is not a safe vehicle at all

Great For Price
By DetAk on 12/07/09 09:18 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought for family car. Has been a great little SUV and now with economy as terrible as it is and fuel so high I feel smarter for the choice I made back then. Heard clunking noise in front when I went over bumps, so I took it in and had it bar replaced, under extended warranty. Gas peddle sticks all the time and is starting to worry me. Hopefully it is and easy fix.Average about 22 miles to the gallon so it has been great on the pocket book.

NO COMPLAINTS
By viola chapman on 11/15/09 09:08 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Had 29,0000 when I purchased it & cross my fingers, so far, I am very please with the car. yes a little lound interior, but I would say that is to be expected, because it is not the heavier, big SUV. It has 33<186 miles now, so I hope it keeps on to be the reliability and quality that I have enjoyed the short time I have drove it back and forth to work, everyday

Tire Noise
By Ron on 10/19/09 09:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

The Escape has been a great vehicle but I do agree that the tire noise can be terrible. We just put on a new set of tires and had an alignment done and there is a 96% reduction in noise. Original tire lasted 50,000 miles the new ones were only $106.00 plus mounting. We should have been having the alignment done on a regular basis that would have cut down on the noise and stopped the tires from wearing wrong.

New Ford Purchaser
By Not a Ford Person on 09/22/09 18:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Well I'm not a Ford person really as I swore I'd never own one but my wife and I have noticed that we have been taken by the style and appearance of certain model years of the Escape. We have only had our Escape for a few weeks now and despite the negative reviews as seen here regarding the less than anticipated fuel mileage so far our initial trials have been at least 500kms to the the full tank or better with city and highway driving. We'll see in the months to come how the fuel mileage will end up being.

Excellent performer
By luvmyfords on 09/14/09 08:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned and operated this vehicle for just about a year now and it's been the ideal SUV for me and how I use it. For being a disabled driver as myself, it's so easy to transfer from my wheelchair and into the seats.

Ok but.....
By Ann Marie on 09/10/09 14:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle in 2006 and have loved it but.... at 30,000 the gas pedal kept getting stuck... in the up position so I couldn't step in the gas unless I slammed my foot down. I had it fixed and they told me they replaced the linkage. It was fine after that. 1 year and 2 days later it happened again (2 days past part warranty) and the Ford dealer would not honor that. Low funds makes it hard to fix and Ford will not help. They tell me "its my problem." For a part to go twice really doesn't say much and such an important one.

Great vehicle - recommended
By mojo on 08/25/09 11:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great blend of economy and quality. Not quite as roomy as an Explorer, but is a lot more reasonable on gas and better for parking, etc.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.