2006 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews 2

2006 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Very Thrilled And Pleasently Supprised
By brian182 on 08/30/11 20:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 06' Escape about 8 months ago and couldn't be more pleased. A car salesman friend of mine let me drive an automatic trans. xls and it was OK. When I drove the 5 speed manual though....look out! Very peppy / zippy. I weigh a little over 200 lbs. and this thing will accelerate very nicely in 5th gear from about 40 mph. Zippy to the degree that you don't have to downshift. It seems that 152hp 4cyl is plenty for the Escape. Of course if you have something against shifting then you want the xlt auto 6cyl. Some have complained that the exhaust sounds a bit unrefined- hogwash. Engine compartment well layed out- very easy to get at the oil filter for you do it yoursefers. Very happy.

Love My Car
By fordfan on 07/27/10 09:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I practically live in my car, driving it over country roads through rotten weather part of the year. It has never let me down once. I have 93,000 miles on it and really need to trade it in. But I could be getting a lemon for a real peach of a car. Thanks, Ford. Old Henry would be proud!

Ford Escape 2006 Sad Situation
By lisa on 06/16/10 14:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Buy one as long as you don't mind putting up 4k for a new transmission at 40k miles over the 36/36m and out of warranty. No help from Ford Motor and the dealer orig purchased from is closed.. so out of luck? sad situation Always loved and took good care of the car then in the high speed lane Boston traffic. just died and now have a 4k in repair bill thanks Ford!

A nice small SUV
By mjs on 05/29/10 06:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Bought used with 40k on the clock and have put 30k trouble free miles on it so far. Get 25 mpg in every day driving with the 4 cyl. I owned an '03 6 cyl and could only manage 19 mpg. Tires do not wear well and get very noisy. Rotate them often! Seat fabric is awful and stains easily. But it drives nice and is very versatile.

What were they Thinking?
By Luke on 05/19/10 08:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

First off, this car was a mistake. Many problems, and they just reoccurred over and over again. Not worth the Money. It lost half its value since i bought it. let me start with the problems. 1. The radio has gone bad 3 times. 2. The windows make a horrible racket. 3. The Engine Dry starts. (had normal maintenance.)4. The transmissions are junk. After talking to my mechanic, he said that he has replaced a ton of them. they go bad very quickly, and the starting price for a rebuilt one if 3k. so now i have a money pit, sitting in another state, worth half what i owe, and i cannot even fix it. Great Idea Ford. I DO NOT recommend this vehicle unless u pay 5k or less for it.

I love my 2006 Ford Escape!
By jb376 on 03/07/10 22:35 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I've really enjoyed it since buying it in 9/09. It's easy to drive, excellent visibility (don't need to sit on something to see where you're going), and has been pretty reliable. I also like that it has flat surfaces on the dash, on the console, and on the rear bumper, where I can set my coffee when I'm loading and unloading (along with a drink holder, of course)! That makes it very convenient. Also, I've noticed the fuel economy is a lot better when I use a higher octane gas. Overall, I really like my Escape!

Serious Value, Hard to Beat
By Buy American on 02/22/10 13:21 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Bought new 7/06, 0% financing on $20K. Get 25mpg with the 4, sit up high for safety, park in compact spaces, room for all kinds of toys and junk. Have slept in it more than once. Dependable and faultless performance. No, it's not for towing big boats or taking turns at 50. I have had it over 100 in the desert and it holds steady. I have owned 50 cars and this is in the top 5. Used car buyers - ALWAYS check for body and frame damage, NEVER buy a car that has been wrecked, they WILL NOT run right ever again, trust me.

Lovin' it
By GEB on 02/10/10 15:48 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

At 88k miles I love my Sonic Blu Escape. It has been everything I had hoped. Whether going confidently through snowy Pennsylvania winters, or carrying a canoe to a lake, or toting our college student's stuff, or hauling yard/tree trimmings, it has done it all comfortably.

I'd buy another
By Michael on 01/18/10 20:51 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Ecsape 16 Months ago with 70k Miles.I only put about 6k Miles a year on a car so a 2 year old with 70k was no big deal.So far just 1 repair needed, A disc in the front axle which was only $250 to fix. Averaged 26 MPG on a 15 hour round trip thru Mountains.We average between 8-9 FEET of Snow a year here and this thing is great.Comfortable and enough room to carry things.

cross member
By george remedis on 01/17/10 17:18 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

had to remove and replace the rear cross member aassembly due to a bad weld it was sheared at the weld should have been covered defect only 45ooo miles on itcost was 994.18 would not purchase another Ford as they due not back you up when it should have not have happened.