2006 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Very Good
By Larry on 08/25/05 13:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven the vehicle for three months. It is really fun to drive. It is easy to get into and out of. The mileage around town is 18 to 20 mpg. On a trip from Jefferson City, MO to Dayton, OH and return it averaged a little over 25 mpg. The vehicle, for a small SUV, has lots of room and the rear seats fold down for hauling larger items. The engine has plenty of power.

Really fun compact SUV
By adrock on 08/18/05 10:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

We've had our Escape for about a month now and we love it. The 4 cylinder engine is peppy and provides a fun drive but it often needs to down shift when going uphill on the highway. The fuel economy is better than I expected with this being our first SUV (avg. mid 20s). The comfort and ride are amazing and it definitely has a ton of room and cargo area, probably the highest in the class. Can't wait till winter in NH to try out the AWD feature. Highly recommended to anyone in the market.

Love it so far...BUT...
By crostolinaste on 08/08/05 15:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just picked up my new Escape last week and I love it. I did have my eye on this model for some time and feel that I did a lot of research prior to the purchase. However, I discovered this last weekend on my first "roadtrip" that the air conditioning is inadequate -- it only blows the cool air through the dash vents, nothing below the waist. This is sort of an issue for me. At this point, I'm not sure if I would have decided against buying this model based on this one factor, but it really is a huge disappointment. I will definitely be seeking aftermarket repair shops to see about overriding Ford's inept cooling system.

Escape XLT Sport
By Wayne on 07/28/05 18:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape XLT Sport 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very good handling and comfortable on long trips. Milage is great for the type vehicle. I would definitly get another. Foir myself, an all wheel drive. I would want a bit larger engine, though. Then, off to the mountains bowhunting I go!!

What's not to like?
By LaWanda R. on 07/27/05 17:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The interior is awesome, the 200hp reacts almost instantly, I receive 24.5 miles per gallon, and the interior is comfortable and spacious. My message center reports any problems ( which I haven't had yet). It handles excellent in the winter time. This truck didn't slip once, or if it did, I didn't feel it. We had 5 feet of snow in Michigan this past winter, and the Ford Escape handles excellently. I am truly impressed. This truck is also perfect for long road trips because I get 392 miles on one tank of gas. This sound system is very impressive, oh! and the moonroof is just lovable. The best part is the 4WD system, it works always, I don't have to press any buttons, and it has great traction.

Escape XLT 6 cylinder
By Robert Campbell on 07/26/05 20:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This my first SUV. Checked out all the other SUV's over a two month period, but kept coming back to the Escape. Had it only one week and then took a road trip from Florida to Michigan and put 4000 miles on it on flat highways and mountains and got approximately 26.5 mpg on the flats and 25.5 in the mountains. I think 4,000 miles is a good test drive. I am 6 ft.; have leather seats that were comfortable with great back support that I had no trouble driving for 12 hours (with rest stops every two hours) in one day. I love it and would recommend the Escape XLT V6 auto to anyone.

Great Little SUV
By heyheyhelen on 07/24/05 13:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape XLT Sport 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had a S-10 Blazer years ago and my trade in was an Explorer and this Escape is the best. It's the perfect size, great visibility, and the gas mileage is better than the Explorer. The only thing I wish was that the instrumentation panel was a little more upscale. The white dials takes away from the interior as far as styling go ... but a great little SUV

Love my Escape
By Kathryn on 07/11/05 17:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape XLT Sport 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really am amazed at my delight of my Escape. From reports I thought that the Escape was not going to be a very good investment ... thankfully I decided for myself. It is very comfortable and easy to handle. It is a blast to drive. And I get 23 miles to the gallon. It seats 5 comfortably with a lot of leg room. I definitely recommend the Ford Escape to everyone.

Top notch vehicle
By Keyser Suze on 07/01/05 12:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very well built vehicle. Strong engine provides 200HP, extremely responsive gas pedal (I am not sure why another reviewer gave 5 for performance?). Gas mileage is better than my expectation; 24.5 mpg with 3 people, loaded vehicle 70 mph average speed, 50% AC for 383 miles. Handling on snow is spectacular. Moves easily on 3 feet unplowed snow, didn't slip during past winter's icy conditions. Nice looking white gauges, rugged look overall. Nice job Ford. :)

I'll Take Another One Please!
By Tony Fields on 06/29/05 10:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Fantastic ride. Strong, tough, no blind spots. Great vision from all angles. Rides like a car, behaves like a truck. Best size SUV on the market, price wise, and reliability.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.