Used 2006 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

My One Regret This Year!
By ItsJustMe

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I thought I got a great deal, no such luck. Problems with cruise control and the gas pedal sticking, gas tank and fuel shut off, gas wouldn't always ready full until I drove 40 miles, burns oil - bad - at not even 40,000 miles, seals in the windows and doors are poor - lots of wind sounds. Finally, there was a horrible vibration sound coming out of fan/windshield area. Had it to 3 dealerships and nobody could fix it. Got worse with wind direction (sounds like something was stuck). Replaced blower motor and nothing changed. Horrible purchase overall. Its one thing after another. I know many people who love theirs, but please research and test drive until your blue in the face!!

The storage in this vehicle is great. The back seats folds completely down and you can get a lot in. In the winter months, it heats up really fast. Rear-windshield wiper is great. Average 24-26 MPG with a mix of city/country. Best is 31. I like the center counsole vs. on the steering wheel.

Everything besides what's listed in favorite features. Seats are really uncomfortable. I have a tan interior and water leaves a stain - horrible for kids.

2006 Ford Escape
By PETER SHEWITZ

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I generally like the Escape. However, the gas mileage leaves a lot to be desired I am getting less that 16 mpg in the city and 20-21 on the highway. You would think that for a small suv Ford would be able to do better in the MPG area. Also, this is the first suv that I have owned, I was a little suprised at the bumpy ride, although not terrible still a bit rough.

Small turning radius, good low end power. I like the way it looks.

At the time I wnted electronic stability control it was not available for the 2006 model. Better gas mileage.

Execellent Value
By Joe

2006 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great styling, nice comfort and hadles well especially in snow. The vechile is has been inexpensive to maintain.

Monochromic interior styling. The interior is nice layed out. The rear parking sensors are awesome for parallel parking. For its size it has tons of space for passanger and cargo.

Would be nice if vechile had dual climate control and improve fuel economy while not giving up preformance.

Fun to drive, lousy tires
By Tom Culler

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Escape is a fun, nimble little SUV which has great interior capacity and the 3.0L V6 has great power. The stock tires, however, are slippery and noisy. I can't wait until they wear out so that I can replace them.

Handling, good turn radius, seats, 6CD changer premium stereo

Tires. Get something that can grip the road.

Great SUV
By wheatleynavy

2006 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutly love my 2006 Escape. It handles better than any vehicle that I have ever driven before. The gas mileage is outstanding. Has lots of room inside. I highly recomend this SUV for anyone.

Automatic rearview mirror dimmer is amazing.

• SUV