Used 2006 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Escape

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Execellent Value
By Joe

2006 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great styling, nice comfort and hadles well especially in snow. The vechile is has been inexpensive to maintain.

Favorite Features

Monochromic interior styling. The interior is nice layed out. The rear parking sensors are awesome for parallel parking. For its size it has tons of space for passanger and cargo.

Suggested Improvements

Would be nice if vechile had dual climate control and improve fuel economy while not giving up preformance.

Fun to drive, lousy tires
By Tom Culler

2006 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Escape is a fun, nimble little SUV which has great interior capacity and the 3.0L V6 has great power. The stock tires, however, are slippery and noisy. I can't wait until they wear out so that I can replace them.

Favorite Features

Handling, good turn radius, seats, 6CD changer premium stereo

Suggested Improvements

Tires. Get something that can grip the road.

Great SUV
By wheatleynavy

2006 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutly love my 2006 Escape. It handles better than any vehicle that I have ever driven before. The gas mileage is outstanding. Has lots of room inside. I highly recomend this SUV for anyone.

Favorite Features

Automatic rearview mirror dimmer is amazing.

Strange road vibration
By Ralph

2006 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Basically, it is a fine SUV except when the speed reaches 60 MPH. Then an intermittent vibration starts. By 80 MPH it feels like the rear tires are totally out of balance...then it quits...then it starts again. Have been unable to find the reason even after all tires were replaced and rebalanced.

Favorite Features

Leg room.

Suggested Improvements

Vibration.

Love at 1st Sight
By In Love!

2006 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in my 01 Civic for an 06 Escape and I could not be happier. This is the first car that I have bought that I was completely in love with. I love the style of the inside and outside and I love the handling. I swear mine handles like a sedan, especially when taking turns. I'm single so I don't need a lot of room, but I can fit so much in my car. In my Honda, I couldn't even fit my niece's stroller in my truck. With my Escape, I can fit my niece's stroller, diaper bag, walker and high chair with room to spare, and of course my niece. I can also fit 4 passenger's comfortably, which I can't say my Honda did. I thought the gas mileage would be an issue but it's not, great on mileage.

Favorite Features

I bought my Escape used with 33k miles. I chose the premium care warranty, which I suggest you do if you buy used. It covers more than you think; for example, it will cover a rental which the lower warranty won't.

Suggested Improvements

None, I am completely satisfied.