2006 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Sensible and Secure
By Gasman30 on 11/02/05 22:54 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased the 4 cylinder AWD to maximize economy and still have the ability to drive in bad weather. It works very well. I understood its limitations and accept them - it's not a speedster or a land yacht.

Vibration at Highway Speeds
By seadog2 on 10/14/05 17:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Love the style and size and gas efficiency, but on the drive home from the dealer I noticed a vibration at 55mph - drove for about a month (thinking break in) and it never went away. Took to dealer and they "road force balanced" the tires - this appeared to hold for about 20 miles. It's back - apparently there are a few others who have experienced this (NHTSA reports and Usenet). No specific remedy! I will be going back to the dealer and giving them their 3 tries to fix - then its the lemon law. Other than the vibration - I love the little SUV. I test drove a couple of Escape rental cars and did not experience the vibration in those cars.

Great small suv
By Stan on 10/08/05 09:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this 2006 Escape for about a month. I am 6' 275 lbs and I fit just right in it. The new Duratec engine will get into traffic with no problem. So far I like it a lot and I like the gas mileage too.

Best SUV without the over sized body
By Rosa Yaites on 10/04/05 13:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted an SUV but didn't want an overly large body. It still has plenty of leg room, head room and all the values a larger SUV has but no overkill on the body size. I started out with the base model because I have never driven an SUV, but I can surely say, I love it so much, I will upgrade to the Limited edition ASAP!

Love It
By Frank&Jane Chambers on 10/01/05 21:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

We replaced a troublesome Focus Wagon and love this 2006 Escape. Had 7 miles on it and we took off for Washington State, averaged 29.9MPG at 70 MPH. Rides firm and quiet and handles like a European sedan. We also got $6,000 knocked off the sticker price.

Built to last!
By Rotondi on 09/23/05 22:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Pro: * 4 cylinder engine feels like a V6 * Fit and finish are excellent * Very smooth shifting 5 speed manual transmission * Great factory radio * Good MPG (25.3 average over 4 fill-ups) * ABS standard * No rattles or squeaks * Very easy DIY oil change. Con: * Rear drum brakes * No dual trip odometer * Privacy glass not standard on FWD models * Front discs generate a lot of brake dust. Overall I'm 100% satisfied. This is one SUV that truly earns the "Sport" in "Sport Utility Vehicle". I also enjoy the fact that it hold lots of stuff (33 cubic feet with the seats up and 69.2 with the rear seats down).

Love it! After shopping for 2 years
By TGs on 09/16/05 16:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I wanted a small SUV since the Liberty came out in 2001, but I hated that back swinging door. I loved the Escape's cargo space and when they modified the front lights in 2006, and with Ford's Family plan, I just had to buy it at long last. I love it, my big dogs love it and it's just the right size! I get compliments on the beautiful Titanium green exterior color, and I'm finding that my gas mileage is averaging about 27 mpg; most of my driving is highway miles, so the Hybrid did not fit my bill. I love this car so much!

worth the money!
By jeffc on 09/05/05 09:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Just bought my Escape and my wife and love it! It's replacing a truck; and with fuel prices highly recommend so far! Decent gas mileage, plenty of pick-up.

Escape
By Nole on 08/27/05 12:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned. It has great performance and tremendous space inside. After 15,000 miles I have not had 1 problem that required a return to my dealership. Ford did a great job with this vehicle. I just bought another Escape for my son in college.

The Great Escape
By Carol on 08/27/05 08:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape XLT Sport 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just love the car-like handling; not stiff and bouncy like a truck, a very smooth ride. Equipped with the 6 cylinder, it has plenty of power either from a dead stop or already doing 60 and you need to gas it quick. Very tight steering. Very luxurious with the leather interior and, plenty of head and leg room, both front and rear. Quite a bit of cargo space behind rear seat and even more if you lay 1 or both back seats down. Nice smooth, fairly aerodynamic body design. Reasonably priced.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.