2006 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Love It
By GCS on 02/14/06 20:37 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Have had this SUV since 19 Dec 2005. I have not had any problems with the car at all. Traded in a Ford Taurus 4D and find this vehicle to be a pleasure to drive. I have sons that are 6 ft and this SUV has the room to allow them to be comfortable in the rear seats. Great travel vehicle.

Excellent small SUV
By bnny911 on 02/12/06 13:33 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I loved this model so much that I traded in my 2001 Ford Escape for a 2006.

Great Little SUV
By Karen on 02/10/06 19:17 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape XLT Sport 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have the XLT Sport V6 and am very happy with it. I think it's an attractive and sporty automobile, and was very affordable. The ride is nice, it's very peppy with lots of pick up. Plenty of room for my 3 kids and I and lots of room in the back for groceries, backpacks or strollers. It handles beautifully and is a lot of fun to drive. It had a lot of nice options as well.

Ford Escape
By Doretta Clevenger on 01/31/06 19:05 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape XLT Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Ashtrays should remain an option. There is a perfect spot for one but now is just a hole in console. Not much room between the door and the seat adjuster. Good thing we don't have large arms. Geared just a little high for driving in hill country.

Best Vehicle I've Ever Had!
By Hockeymom on 01/31/06 13:26 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have only had an Escape for three months and for every day I drive, I love it more. My kids find it gives them more room than our old minivans did. It's a little truck-like for slow town driving but for average speeds it's comfortable.

Great Roomy Small SUV
By Jill on 01/31/06 13:05 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent gas mileage, enough room for hockey equipment, and perfect for traveling.

Owner of Ford Escape 2006
By norm on 01/28/06 22:02 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I owned a 2005; put 7000 miles on it and decided to buy a new 2006 with less features on it. The ride is great since it is a 4X4. The all around gas mileage is 22 milesto the gallon, which isn't too bad.There are no rattles inside. The power the 4 cylinder puts out is enough to go anywhere. Took in the muddy field with no problem. All around the car is excellent.

'06 Escape XLT keeps it real.....
By Michael on 01/25/06 20:07 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Redesigned in 2005, I love my new Escape. Really like the shifter on the floor. Very quick little truck. Build quality has stepped up. Test drove vs. CR-V. Honda will do very little with trimming price because list is not much above invoice. Ford is better at trucks, SUVs, and Japan is FAR better at cars. Get the moonroof and upgraded sound package (Sun and Sound). Black exterior w/ tan leather! Beautiful. Solid vehicle. Smooth ride and no float. Very pleased thus far. What are you waiting for?

Love my Escape
By Laura on 01/25/06 17:24 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the second Escape I purchased new. The first one was in 2001; it was an excellent vehicle! I put 106,000 miles on it and never had a problem and it never left me stranded. I upgraded to the 2006 this year. I don't get as good of gas mileage with the V6 on this model, but it is so fun to drive! Lots of power and so easy to park. Perfect to travel in, and lots of leg room in the back. It is awesome, I would recommend a test drive if you want a smaller SUV.

Joy to drive
By H. Graf on 01/25/06 14:51 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I have owned the 2006 Escape for three months and broke it in on a 1800 trip up to the Pacific Northwest during the holidays. The weather was awful, but it gave us an opportunity to test this vehicle under stress conditions -- hard rain, wind, fog, bad pavement, etc. It responded well with the situation, especially in heavy traffic during storm activity, when other cars unexpectedly stopped or abruptly turned in front of you. The mileage was quite good in such an adverse weather condition -- about as high as 27-28 mpg.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.