Used 2006 Ford Escape XLT Sport SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Not bad for an SUV
By Lows1961

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this SUV in Feb of this year, of course we bought it used, we liked it for the looks, how it drove and the colour ( charcoal Grey). I was impressed with the pick-up it has and the handling on the road and in the weather conditions. This one came with all leather interior and the first and only owner before us went as far as ordering an all leather steering wheel, very nice. The sound system is awesome, it has the 6 cd changer and 6 speakers with a built-in amp, it came with all the bells and whistles. My only problem with this vehicle is it stinks on gas or it may be due to the small gas tank, at most I can get 450km per tank at the same time it only cost me to fill it up around 45.00

All leather interior Sound system Looks and design

Needs a bigger gas tank, gas tank on this SUV is way to small for the size Only holds from empty to full about 45 dollars and that is @ 85 cents a litre

My Escape
By Ken

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent SUV for the price. Really enjoy riding and driving it. Look forward to taking short and long trips.

Layout of cup holders and storage compartment, all dials are in easy reach. Great rear cup holders and little storage holes. Plus fold down seats for carrying large items.

E for Escape
By Blondie

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just love my SUV. It drives much smoother than I thought it would. Has a great bit of power to it as well. There's plenty of room for everything. You drive up high but without the bulk of a large SUV. It's great to take on road trips.

Oh, that would have to be the Audiophile Stereo system. Second best would be the moonroof.

Just maybe a bit better gas mileage. However I wouldn't trade the V6 in for a V4 just for that.

ESCAPER
By Greg

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Lots of fun to drive. My wife loves it. The only fault I can find is the comfort of the drivers seat and limited movement of the tilt wheel.

Looks, firmness of ride.

Compass, temperature. Offer trip computer in other models other than just the Limited model.

My New Escape
By Terry Kobza

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

With less than 600 miles on the car the only real problem I have is the fuel economy. Could use better seats with lumbar adjustment. Also a temperature gauge like my F-150 SuperCrew and a compass. Other than that it seems like a real nice car. My wife drives it and appears pleased. Oh yes. Power disc brakes at least in front, all as standard equipment. Ford I hope you’re reading this.