2006 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Not bad for an SUV
By Lows1961 on 04/03/09 15:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this SUV in Feb of this year, of course we bought it used, we liked it for the looks, how it drove and the colour ( charcoal Grey). I was impressed with the pick-up it has and the handling on the road and in the weather conditions. This one came with all leather interior and the first and only owner before us went as far as ordering an all leather steering wheel, very nice. The sound system is awesome, it has the 6 cd changer and 6 speakers with a built-in amp, it came with all the bells and whistles. My only problem with this vehicle is it stinks on gas or it may be due to the small gas tank, at most I can get 450km per tank at the same time it only cost me to fill it up around 45.00

My Escape
By Ken on 07/24/06 14:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent SUV for the price. Really enjoy riding and driving it. Look forward to taking short and long trips.

E for Escape
By Blondie on 07/18/06 09:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just love my SUV. It drives much smoother than I thought it would. Has a great bit of power to it as well. There's plenty of room for everything. You drive up high but without the bulk of a large SUV. It's great to take on road trips.

ESCAPER
By Greg on 05/27/06 17:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Lots of fun to drive. My wife loves it. The only fault I can find is the comfort of the drivers seat and limited movement of the tilt wheel.

My New Escape
By Terry Kobza on 03/16/06 19:04 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

With less than 600 miles on the car the only real problem I have is the fuel economy. Could use better seats with lumbar adjustment. Also a temperature gauge like my F-150 SuperCrew and a compass. Other than that it seems like a real nice car. My wife drives it and appears pleased. Oh yes. Power disc brakes at least in front, all as standard equipment. Ford I hope you’re reading this.

Great Little SUV
By Karen on 02/10/06 19:17 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have the XLT Sport V6 and am very happy with it. I think it's an attractive and sporty automobile, and was very affordable. The ride is nice, it's very peppy with lots of pick up. Plenty of room for my 3 kids and I and lots of room in the back for groceries, backpacks or strollers. It handles beautifully and is a lot of fun to drive. It had a lot of nice options as well.

'06 Escape XLT
By dakota on 01/22/06 11:48 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The convenience of the 6 disc in dash CD is great. Plenty of interior room for hauling or keeping passengers comfy. The acceleration is normal even when put into passing mode. The view out the windshield is superb but because of the 3 headrests in the back, viewing behind you can be a little work. Overall I'm very pleased with the '06 Escape XLT and have recommended it others.

disappointed
By Nancy on 12/19/05 17:27 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My Escape needed major repairs at 55 miles (cylinder head and gasket) and again at 3,300 (serpentine belt, pulley and bearings) . I do not like the gear transition at low speeds (between 2-3 RPM's), very jerky and a big clank when put into reverse at even a small incline.

The Great Escape
By Carol on 08/27/05 08:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just love the car-like handling; not stiff and bouncy like a truck, a very smooth ride. Equipped with the 6 cylinder, it has plenty of power either from a dead stop or already doing 60 and you need to gas it quick. Very tight steering. Very luxurious with the leather interior and, plenty of head and leg room, both front and rear. Quite a bit of cargo space behind rear seat and even more if you lay 1 or both back seats down. Nice smooth, fairly aerodynamic body design. Reasonably priced.

Escape XLT Sport
By Wayne on 07/28/05 18:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very good handling and comfortable on long trips. Milage is great for the type vehicle. I would definitly get another. Foir myself, an all wheel drive. I would want a bit larger engine, though. Then, off to the mountains bowhunting I go!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.