Used 2006 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews - 138 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Escape SUV

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

More amenities
By Dan Stearns

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Heated driver seat with all electronic controls makes this vehicle even more comfortable.

anonymous
By ojars zvaigzne

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Things I DONT like about my Escape are: noise at highway speeds; insufficient acceleration for a v6; long reach to steering wheel (needs telescopic wheel); poor resale value.

Things I DO like are: interior comfort (both, front and rear); smooth ride, for a compact suv; reliability.

Take care of my escape and he takes care of me
By Tish

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Its very reliable I can say damn good on gas I've grown to love my escape and I don't want another vehicle out there! I replaced the transmission in 2014 which cost me $2000... I was told that the 06 ford escape was the best engine ford has built and yep 5 years strong soon to be 10years old at almost 170,000 miles miner repairs here and there I've learned how to do them myself!

Not a Ford Escape, it is a Mad Max Desert Ship
By Aaron Harford

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

My goodness people, I won't ever get rid of this SUV. Cali and the Mojave desert several times, 206,000 miles and still strong. I feel like its a member of my family. You cannot go wrong. Meat and potatoes, but so reliable you just cannot go wrong. I do not want a new one. Ill just get a factory engine and transmission replacement.....if it ever so happens I need it. It will probably outlast my body. lol.

2006 Escape 3.0L FWD
By osu2

2006 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my Escape! I Bought it a year ago with 140k and it has honestly been the most reliable car I've ever had! It now has 175k and is a champ, the 3.0L engine really sips gas for a V6! It runs like it's brand new still.

The V6 engine is very peppy! It gets up and goes when you need it to! Don't let the FWD fool ya either, It's pulled out of mud ruts with no issues! Right now I use it for commuting back and fourth to college and I honestly could not of made a better choice.

I know the Escape has a lot of bad reviews...it's basic maintenance and you will be fine. I use synthetic oil every 3k, I get my transmission fluid changed every 20k because of its age. Love my Escape!!!

The 6 disc CD changer is amazing, not to mention the speakers. I love the fact that it's amazing on gas, because no 4X4. Fog lights make for amazing vision! I also really like the tire pressure light. Saved my life several times! The rims are amazing quality and shine up like new everytime. The flat folding seats are also a really handy feature!

The only thing I can complain about is the ABS Tone Rings....they are junk and are a complete waste of money to fix. My breaks work just fine without them, if not better! I have to deal with the ABS light but no big deal. The black bumpers can be annoying to keep from fading, plus the wheel well is known for rust so cover your wheel wells with the matching black trim! Call Ford, or eBay has them really cheap too (for a budget) :)