Used 2006 Ford Escape XLT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Lovin' it
By GEB

2006 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

At 88k miles I love my Sonic Blu Escape. It has been everything I had hoped. Whether going confidently through snowy Pennsylvania winters, or carrying a canoe to a lake, or toting our college student's stuff, or hauling yard/tree trimmings, it has done it all comfortably.

The AWD is remarkable. You don't know it is working, but you know with confidence that you can easily go through foot deep snow without any problem. Starting uphill on a slippery slope occurs smoothly without any spinning as though it were a dry hill.

I added a soft pad for the door arm rest soon after owning it. Other than that, it has not been lacking in any way.

I love my Escape
By K. Hegmegee

2006 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I drive 50 miles a day and my Escape is wonderful. I has a cool sporty growl and is a practical mom bus. Mud? No, problem. I wish I had a lumbar support but otherwise my next car will most likely be another Escape just fancier.

The stereo, rear storage and folding seats, and overall appearence.

Lumbar support and wish the rearview mirror would auto darken.

More than I expected
By zookeeper

2006 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Looked at small AWD vehicles and picked the Escape based on ride, looks and mileage. In the four months we have driven the Escape it has done everything I had hoped for and more. We saved on gas usage by half over our other vehicles and other than oil changes it has not seen the dealer for any reason. The fit and finish on the car was perfect and even with the four cylinder the performance has been great.

Reliable and looks good even when it is dirty. The kids like the room in the back which is nicely sized for early teens, and easy on the gas usage.

Lumbar support on the drivers seat at least and compass and temp display.

Fun SUVette
By HA

2006 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Looked at several of the smaller SUVs and got this one based on the FORD name, safety packages and mileage. It came with the leather package and the sun and sound package for free, I am assuming in response to the many complaints of inferior interior design. The better stereo is great and the sunroof is nice too. Do not like the center console and cup holder placement though. Engine is surprisingly responsive considering it is only a 4 cylinder.

The color (sonic blue), the stereo and handling. I can once again get into a small parking spot in one try.

Center console should be planned better. The cup holders are almost useless where they are. I miss the exterior temp and compass of my F150. Can't they make this an option?