2005 Ford Escape Consumer Review: Excellent value, pleasant surp

2005 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Excellent value, pleasant surprise
By Bridget on

2005 Ford Escape Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I leased this vehicle about two years ago, very skeptical of Ford's build quality (coming off of a Subaru lease and before that a VW lease... both of which were plagued with crazy never ending mechanical and fit/finish problems). However, I was interested in going into a small SUV and this one seemed to be getting good reviews and I was able to get the upgrades I was interested in without paying through the nose. Now, two years later, I have to say my opinion of Ford vehicles has totally changed. This has been the most trouble-free vehicle I've owned in years, and it still looks nearly new inside. Mechanically, it's been flawless. And it's also been kind of fun (surprisingly) to drive.

Favorite Features

Heated seats. I've never splurged on them before ... if you live someplace cold, it's totally worth the extra cost. Also, it seems like such a small thing, but this vehicle had the best cupholders I've encountered in forever. No spilled coffee!

Suggested Improvements

My only complaint my occasional issues with refilling the tank. Really fast pumps tend to back up the gas and stop the pump before you fill up. Seems like a simple enough engineering fix for later models.