My first year in my Escape Hybrid
By Michael Bares on
2005 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
After a shaky start in my Ford Escape Hybrid I'm now pleased with my purchase. I knew that the gas prices would soar this year and wanted to be the first in Denver to have one so I found mine on eBay and flew to NJ to pick it up. I must say that Ford did respond quickly to some major trouble in the beginning -- my entire high voltage battery module had to be replaced after a couple of months and they did take care of it. Now I find the vehicle is running beautifully and fuel economy has improved to around 30mpg combined city/highway. The only misgiving I have now is having gotten a personalized plate (B-GREEN) Too many people want to talk to me in traffic and even some take pictures.
Favorite Features
Smooth and Quiet ride, Styling, Seating comfort, Audiophile Sound System, Navigation System, Fuel Economy.
Suggested Improvements
Exterior Temp Gauge, Flexible Fuel Vehicle -- able to run on E-85, iPod Dock, Better rear cargo area carpet fitment and attachment, Engine Temperature Gauge, Optional additional battery capacity for better fuel economy.