2005 Ford Escape Consumer Review: Mileage not up to expectations

2005 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

2005 Ford Escape

HEV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Mileage not up to expectations
By Ann on

2005 Ford Escape Hybrid Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have been driving my hybrid Escape for 2 months. I love how it handles and accelerates but I have been disappointed in other features. The gas mileage is rated at 29 to 32 mpg. The highest I have gotten so far is 24.6 mpg for any city/highway combination. Ford has said it takes 10,000 miles of driving to "break it in". I paid a lot of extra money for the high mileage feature and now may not get what I paid for. Also, the interior fabric and door covering is of a lesser quality. Mine was wrinkled and I had to take it to the dealer to be steamed. I love the low emissions and the way it drives. If the mileage increases, I would recommend it to anyone who wants a midsize SUV.

Exterior design looks great. Interior comfort and seat design. The back seats lay flat when folded down. Great handling and acceleration (noisy acceleration at higher speeds). Low emissions, less pollution. I haven't used the 4WD feature yet.

Improve interior seat and door fabric and application of the fabric. I saw a 4 year old Escape and the fabric looked very bad and should be replaced. Give more accurate information about gas mileage. Disclose the need to break in the engine for 10,000 miles prior to purchase.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review